Thread Rating:
Other's Results
Let's get the Millers game sorted.
A comfortable home win? will do nicely. COYB.
2020 the year the bubble burst  Doh
During our ten game unbeaten run we have picked up five wins and five draws, twenty points. Over the same ten game’s Leicester have picked up three wins, one draw and six defeats, ten points. If we had had a fully fit strike force all season how different would the table look now. Angry Angry
What’s the betting that Leicester end their bad form against us next week. Whistle Whistle Whistle Whistle

Come on you baggies! Thumb up Thumb up

Leeds are falling apart again, Leeds 0 Blackburn 1. Five points from the last fifteen. They and Leicester should really be home and hosed.
Now over to you Ipswich, a late run from the saints could also see them challenge.
Poor Coventry. Delivered the greatest comeback victory the FA Cup has ever seen, only to have it snatched away because their player had an eyelash offside. Yet again, VAR wrecks a legendary sporting moment with gradgrinding techno-pedantry that the human eye would never have spotted in real time. Gutted for them.
Baggievicar, talkSAFT, BaggieSteve And 1 others like this post
(22-04-2024, 00:59)Ska'dForLife-WBA Wrote: Poor Coventry. Delivered the greatest comeback victory the FA Cup has ever seen, only to have it snatched away because their player had an eyelash offside. Yet again, VAR wrecks a legendary sporting moment with gradgrinding techno-pedantry that the human eye would never have spotted in real time. Gutted for them.

Absolutely.
There was NO advantage gained, which should be the determining factor in this sort of situation.
Ridiculous interpretation of the rules and of 'fair play'. Angry
They must be very, very p*ssed off (sorry BV) Blush
BaggieSteve likes this post
I was absolutely gutted for them (as 95% of England were) when, after at least 3-4 minutes, the Ref changed his mind.
If that had been Albion I'd have been suicidal, after my mad celebration. If VAR can't act much much more quickly than that, it should just be binned altogether. VAR has totally ruined this spectator sport.
Yes - it was offside (by about 2 inches), but let the Linesmen/Ref make these decisions - they get other decisions wrong (as we know), and we've all had big moans - it's part of the Game - but you can't keep stopping play for long times just to get it spot-on.
Don't spoil the continuity and ruin the Game as a spectacle! Grrrrrrrrrrrr
BaggieSteve likes this post
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with
I just agree with everyone’s comments. VAR is sucking the joy and spontaneity out of football, that offside decision against Coventry was quite ridiculous.
I’ll be honest and say that I’ve always hated VAR, I just feel it was a technology looking for a problem to solve. There has always been debate over decisions in a match- was it a penalty, was it offside etc - but I never got the impression there was a pervading view that the game was going to rack and ruin unless we get some kind of solution to a non existent problem. That after-match debate/moan was part of the sport but the on field decision stood and you got on with it. Now, we have faceless technicians drawing imaginary lines, taking five minutes to decide if the ball was played a nano second too early to a player 3mm offside…..and they still don’t get it right! What’s the game come to?
It also seems to me that the lino/asst ref gets 90%+ decisions correct on offside, hardly a major problem. We now have the crazy situation where managers aren’t complaining about the ref’s decision but the VAR decision…..the very situation VAR was meant to eliminate! I give in.
drewks and talkSAFT like this post
The light at the end of the tunnel is the light of an oncoming train
Well said, Steve.
Can anyone with a brain please say how you can disagree.
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with
A big problem is that while you still get human error in the process, clubs and fans now think VAR must be perfect. Hence you get Forest claiming the VAR is biased and “exploring all options” and Barcelona threatening legal action. Even in the Ferguson years, a referee error was noted, complained about, then everyone moved on.

Apparently people can’t accept different interpretations or errors any more without getting lawyers involved. At least without VAR you just had plain incompetence.
BaggieSteve and talkSAFT like this post
VAR is totally biased, brown envelopes can influence any decision. I remember a seal game not so long ago when it was said they forgot to turn the VAR on. When money is involved it's always corrupt.
2020 the year the bubble burst  Doh
I can honestly say that I was sick to the back teeth with bad decisions going in favour of the FA’s elite gentleman’s club of six rich spoilt brats. The whole system was biased towards the same six clubs to the detriment and exclusion of all other clubs and real fans. Every change the powers that be brought in and still bring in favour the clubs with the money and the clout. Changes to the academy system allowing talent to be stolen, FFP so you can not compete, if you try, your hit with a points deduction but only if not a fully paid up brown envelope back hander member of the FA’s exclusive club, take a bow Man City, Chelsea etc even the vile got away with it. Clubs are allowed to buy up and destroy young talent to stop other clubs signing them and building a squad that may challenge. I call that a monopoly. Allowing more and more substitutes, again the bigger the club, the more international talent on the bench. Some clubs can virtually swap their whole starting eleven for another international filled replacement team during the match, Luton can’t do it.

I really thought an independent VAR would remove any bias, how wrong could I be. It’s worse, some faceless dickless wonder away from the heat of the action can still favour the big six, we have suffered many times ourselves, against Chelsea springs to mind, among others.
It matters not one jot what you do now the big six will continue to get the decisions, the bias is now set into the FA’s rule book.

European super league hurry up, big six go and do one.
talkSAFT, BaggieSteve, drewks like this post
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »