Thread Rating:
Henderson and Two Bigfoots?
Is Eric Dier the ONLY player in this squad who has scored from a free kick for England?

The only prediction I've nearly got right in the whole World Cup was 4 of the 5 England penalty takers ......... The one I didn't get was Jordan I'm-too-bulky-for-my-shirt Henderson.

Ospina, like Pickford, is good at penalties. We did well to score 4. I reckon you have to go top or bottom corner - a few inches above the ground and he's got a shout. Kane demonstrated the other option, down the middle as Ospina is usually keen to move, but he really reads them well.

Brazil DO CHANGE. They find a weakness and attack it, true they still look like Brazilians, but sometimes they'll even opt to soak up pressure and play on the break.

If we play our normal game we'll dominate play and the Swedes will be doing everything they are good at in temperatures that are likely to be really high. I'm afraid they'll rope a dope. Give em some space, drag em forward or they'll double and triple bank Rashford or Sterling and they'll be happy up against Harry Kane.

Another choice that you'd laugh at would be to draft in Danny Welbeck instead of Raheem. I think Welbeck would withstand them physically and cause them problems.

Every top sportsman and sports team adapts to different opponents, styles, venues, surfaces. One size fits all only applies to Jordan Henderson's shirt IMO.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Henderson and Two Bigfoots? - by Devongone - 04-07-2018, 13:02
RE: Henderson and Two Bigfoots? - by Lord Snooty - 04-07-2018, 13:14
RE: Henderson and Two Bigfoots? - by SHEP_HTAFC - 04-07-2018, 15:23
RE: Henderson and Two Bigfoots? - by St Charles Owl - 04-07-2018, 19:06
RE: Henderson and Two Bigfoots? - by Lord Snooty - 04-07-2018, 19:21
RE: Henderson and Two Bigfoots? - by SHEP_HTAFC - 05-07-2018, 09:37
RE: Henderson and Two Bigfoots? - by Lord Snooty - 05-07-2018, 10:58
RE: Henderson and Two Bigfoots? - by Devongone - 06-07-2018, 13:38