Thread Rating:
The pandemic strikes Scot footie - economic carnage to follow?
They can tell her to GTF and rightly so. They have totally overspent on that stand and thrown money they don't have at players like Boyce and Naismith. One week without games and they are talking administration ? Shows you how badly they are being run.
Interestingly Brora rangers were announced champions of the highland league today. They were 13 points clear at the top.
A precedent is set! Mere coincidence? Was anybody relegated as well?
(21-03-2020, 20:47)hibeejim21 Wrote: Interestingly Brora rangers were announced champions of the highland league today. They were 13 points clear at the top.

I think that is premature at this point, and it sets a dangerous precedent for the rest of football.
(22-03-2020, 05:11)St Charles Owl Wrote:
(21-03-2020, 20:47)hibeejim21 Wrote: Interestingly Brora rangers were announced champions of the highland league today. They were 13 points clear at the top.

I think that is premature at this point, and it sets a dangerous precedent for the rest of football.

Don't think so. It was done in agreement with all the other clubs. Its their ball etc etc.

We are looking at no football this side of September at best. Thats ok for all the English clubs sitting with pots of sky tv money, but whats left of Scottish football by that point is anyones guess.... never mind one of the most remote leagues in Europe.
Aberdeen now saying they are taking on massive losses.

"This situation is clearly unsustainable. No club, whatever their size, scale or level of investment, can withstand a total lack of income over a period of anything between three to six months."
Yep! Financial assistance required and "sacrifices" have to be made to help the club to remain in a reasonably healthy state until this crisis ends but IMO it is gonna take a lot longer than many people realise and god only knows what our society and country is gonna look like when we finally "reach the other end". IMO it is only right that when this is all over, as it will be, that we reflect on the vulnerability of the way our systems currently work and consider what needs to change to ensure there is a greater security for all, not just in good times, but also most importantly in challenging times like these
hibeejim21 likes this post
Some kind of funding is going to be needed to help the clubs make it over the summer or there will be no game in Scotland.
Does it sound to you that the UK Government will pay 80% of employees' wages - including some vastly overpaid players? That's the only way to stand some chance of most clubs surviving.
Cabbage is still good for you
Not a chance Ritchie!

The only thing I can think of is calling the season done and giving out prize money to give the clubs some breathing space/and pushing season book sales. I know its hard when we don't know when we will play again but the clubs might have to pitch it to the fans 'buy em or we go under'........

Then the associations/UEFA are going to have to do something to help the clubs urgently. I think end of June is way too optimistic to get the games played.
ritchiebaby likes this post
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »