Thread Rating:
Who leaves and who transfers in after "season end"?
It has "turned on a sixpence"!!! Ojo to AFC and reading Hecky's parting comment re this player, he is not enamoured with this guy's motives and he "pulled the plug" on any deal!. I think Hibs must move quickly for another target and as good as, or even better than Ojo!!
Hecky's quite right when he says he only wants players who are committed to Hibs, nothing less will do for us if we are to achieve his goals for the club.
If he pushes ahead and finds a better player he deserves all the plaudits coming his way.
0762 likes this post
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49023723
Hibs sign up Josh Vela! Now this signing looks very interesting and Hibs have "bagged" an experienced, versatile player who has "bags of potential" and has played for Bolton at a decent level of footie.
In light of the long-term Boyle injury arising, Hecky interested in dealing with Rangers FC to acquire their winger, Glenn Middleton, on loan. This has unsurprisingly created a serious debate among lotsa Hibs fans including me! I'm sure the manager is probably unaware of Hibs poor relationship with this poisonous Govan footie club and Hibs fans are well informed re the previous fall outs with them as they attack anybody or anything when they "dinnae get their way"! That's why my own view is to give such a loan move with this particular footie club a "body swerve" and move on.
Just confirmed Hibs sign up Glenn Middleton on loan for this season! Hibs "building bridges" with the Huns??? Or does Paul Heckingbottom have some kinda friendly dialogue with Stevie G poss from past experience in English footie?
Hecky confirmed yesterday that Oli Shaw will not be loaned out to another club unless circumstances change and an additional striker is transferred in. We only have three recognised 1st team strikers incl Shaw and I must say that the young striker has never really "pushed on" to the next level after his very good progress through the youth dev period when Hibs signed him up on a 4 year contract. I queried that contract offer at the time and thought it was too long but one can never predict how a young player is gonna perform in the years ahead and many "fall by the wayside". He still has time to rectify that failure but I reckon Hibs can only be patient for so long.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49451651
Hibs surprise everyone and sign up a Swedish mid player from Udinese, Melker Hallberg - a 3 year deal. I hope he is good because we need to improve asap!! Hopefully one or two more to come in.
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10264

So Hibs sign up Jason Naismith, a RB loaned out from Peterborough Utd for the rest of the season - for obvious reasons! Lets hope 1. He doesn't get injured 2. His addition makes a difference to Hibs current woeful form. He is Hibs 10th signing and Hecky must find an accountable 1st team line up from his current available squad of players. Otherwise he'll eventually be "oot the door"!!!
Colour me unimpressed.

The players he's signed have been mostly dross. Apart from scott allan, and that was sorted out while lennon was in charge.
I think Hallberg and Naismith were George Craig/Hibs scouting targets - Hibs transfer system diverting away from Hecky and signing their recommended players because the manager's targeted players are mostly duds.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »