Thread Rating:
Brazil 2 Mexico 0 - the 'samba boys' progress comfortably to the QF!
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/43976385
And both goals are 'tap ins' - unusual for Brazil! This was a decent game played in weather conditions that were tortuous - a temperature of 35 deg Celsius and very demanding if playing a game of footie. However, this is Brazil and they played this match effectively v very tough opposition with an added bonus of another 'clean sheet'! So Brazil attain 7 consecutive World Cup quarter-final appearances and also record scorers in the World Cup and never lost to a CONCACAF opponent in the World Cup either - record still intact!
I thought the Mexicans did very well, but the Brazilians were better and deserved it. Both Brazilian full backs look vulnerable to me, and I reckon you could get at this old centre back comibination, don't get why Correa Marquinhos isn't one of the first names on the sheet and I'd want to be playing Firmino too. But they haven't lost a game for three years so I reckon the manager knows more about it than me!
You share the same sentiment as myself re Firmino as I think he adds a better 'balance' to Brazil's front line - I don't regard Jesus as 'the top choice' for that position but the manager clearly thinks so! Maybe Jesus has not performed yet eh!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »