Thread Rating:
Michael Owen - England could/will win the World Cup this time!
I think England have to try to avoid Colombia. Colombia may have lost to Japan but had Sanchez not had a brain fart and got sent off, I think Colombia would have won by 2 or 3 goals. Sanchez will be replaced by Barrios and James Rodriguez should come back in the team. They should beat both Poland and Senegal.

As for the other three teams, Japan are good technically but lightweight and can be bullied by stronger teams, Poland are much better than they were against Senegal and need to move Zielinski forward close to Lewandowski and whilst Senegal looked good, I think they’re going to be over reliant on Mane with Sarr, Niang and Diouf a little inconsistent.

Whilst I’m English, I am not an England fan so I can see things from an unbiased perspective and I think an on-form England can beat Japan, Senegal and Poland but have to miss a very good Colombia side to get to the Quarter-Final.
(21-06-2018, 14:55)0762 Wrote: ALL posts anti-English? Give it a rest Amelia! Also read some of that clown's comments before continuing in that vein!

You are anti English.... Engerland instead of England kind of confirms it.
When you start saying Ze Germans!! (or other such stupid comment) then I will say you are anti German. Criticising the German team or English team does not make you anti them.....saying Engerland does. Which is why my Scoootland phrase is aimed at you as per your chanting fans.
So I guess you are making all the crass comments now.
Oh and keeping it civil? Clown and pea brain just goes to prove what a hypocritical anti English 'person' you are.
I won't be responding to any more of your posts.....not being man enough to admit you are anti English tells me the kind of person I'm communicating with.
Amelia Chaffinch likes this post
In beer there is freedom, in wine there is health, in cognac there is power and in water there is bacteria
I won't respond any more to you either pal you bloody hypocrite - you received the required response re your own name-calling! I must print out your last thread for my missus to read. She is from Surrey and her dad originally from London - how amusing they'll find that first remark ha ha ha!! All assumed re the biased interpretation of some footie remarks - a sado at work on a keyboard! However, as said previously, I'll put it down to a 'bit of banter' and pretty tame at that! Nuff said!
I don't think 0762's posts are anti-English on "Could England win the World Cup?". He's pretty much saying we shouldn't build our hopes up because we beat Tunisia 2-1. Reason why everyone feels positive and upbeat about England doing well 0762 is because its a young England side and its not centered around one player like in past World Cups or Euros. Also we've managed to win our first group game at a World cup since 2006. Even if we don't win it and get to the quarter-finals it will still have been a success especially when you look where England have finished in the last 2 World Cups.

Can England win the World Cup? Who knows but we can dream can't we?
0762 likes this post
CHESTERFIELD PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2015/2016

More to Football than the Premier League and SKY
These lads will 'do their best' and see where it takes them spireitmatt. That's all you can ask of them. It will be tough but other competing countries are 'in the same boat' at Russia 2018.
I have to admit that I would be bitterly disappointed if England recieved any support from 0762, he is Scottish after all!!!! Laugh

I would make one observation, I think 0762 is anti-England, but I don’t think he is anti-English, as the old saying goes, “its nothing personal, its just business”. Its about the establishment, the government etc not about the people!!!
Devongone and Amelia Chaffinch like this post
(21-06-2018, 18:13)St Charles Owl Wrote: I have to admit that I would be bitterly disappointed if England recieved any support from 0762, he is Scottish after all!!!! Laugh  

I would make one observation, I think 0762 is anti-England, but I don’t think he is anti-English, as the old saying goes, “its nothing personal, its just business”.  Its about the establishment, the government etc not about the people!!!

If Scotland, Ireland, Northern Ireland or Wales qualified for the World Cup or Euros and England hadn't I would be backing them to do well.
turkeydinner likes this post
CHESTERFIELD PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2015/2016

More to Football than the Premier League and SKY
(21-06-2018, 19:58)spireitematt Wrote:
(21-06-2018, 18:13)St Charles Owl Wrote: I have to admit that I would be bitterly disappointed if England recieved any support from 0762, he is Scottish after all!!!! Laugh  

I would make one observation, I think 0762 is anti-England, but I don’t think he is anti-English, as the old saying goes, “its nothing personal, its just business”.  Its about the establishment, the government etc not about the people!!!

If Scotland, Ireland, Northern Ireland or Wales qualified for the World Cup or Euros and England hadn't I would be backing them to do well.

I would support them even if England were there unless we were playing them but I have met very few Scots who would reciprocate!!!!
I always support the home nations. Sometimes even when they're playing England. I cheered when yond ugly bugger from Celtic scored those two late goals against us at Hampden. Big Grin
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
As much as i love ripping the pish out of england and especially find their pompous pundits with a hugely overrated sense of their teams qualities annoying as xxxx..... I wouldn't mind seeing england doing well if their play merited it.

I couldn't support them though, no way man. And before anyone starts any anti english stuff, my best friends are english,and my wifes from london. They all know the score and couldnae care less Laugh
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »