Thread Rating:
The ultimate WC Group F match - Slovenia v Scotland
Get Fergie out of retirement.
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
MicM
(13-10-2017, 09:23)hibeejim21 Wrote: Absolutely yes 0762 - and we know who we are talking about here, makes my blood boil that these characters are still running our game.

As for strachan he did a reasonable job and 'steadied the ship', brought back some team spirit after the levein debacle. But ultimately his stubbornness with player selection and his record in the really vital games worked against him. Leaving mcginn and mcgregor on the bench and choosing championship duffers really cost us.

None of the names mentioned so far moyes,mackay,allerdyce really do it for me. I think a young foreign coach might be better,but the SFA are complete dinosaurs.

Michael O'Neil appeals to me a wee bit Jim mainly because he is clearly an over achiever with NI. The only drawback is NI are still in the WC play offs after replacing Scotland's position following our drawn 'failure' in Slovenia. He lives in Embro but one 'black mark' is his recent drink driving charge. I also think we must appreciate our aspirations at international level - qualification is a celebration and anything after that is a bonus. We are never gonna win an international tourney TBF and really must place these aspirations into proper perspective re hiring a manager etc!
(13-10-2017, 14:29)0762 Wrote: MicM
(13-10-2017, 09:23)hibeejim21 Wrote: Absolutely yes 0762 - and we know who we are talking about here, makes my blood boil that these characters are still running our game.

As for strachan he did a reasonable job and 'steadied the ship', brought back some team spirit after the levein debacle. But ultimately his stubbornness with player selection and his record in the really vital games worked against him. Leaving mcginn and mcgregor on the bench and choosing championship duffers really cost us.

None of the names mentioned so far moyes,mackay,allerdyce really do it for me. I think a young foreign coach might be better,but the SFA are complete dinosaurs.

Michael O'Neil appeals to me a wee bit Jim mainly because he is clearly an over achiever with NI. The only drawback is NI are still in the WC play offs after replacing Scotland's position following our drawn 'failure' in Slovenia. He lives in Embro but one 'black mark' is his recent drink driving charge. I also think we must appreciate our aspirations at international level - qualification is a celebration and anything after that is a bonus. We are never gonna win an international tourney TBF and really must place these aspirations into proper perspective re hiring a manager etc!

If Michael O'Neil is indeed a target and potentially interested, then there is no reason why you can't wait until at least after the Play offs. If they get through to the finals, then he is off the table, if not, then make an approach then, there shouldn't be any rush to find a replacement. I have a feeling with O'Neil though that he will want to move into club management rather than move to another international job, same for Chris Coleman once he announces he is done with Wales.
Malky!
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
Please god no!!!!
Stuart Regan dismisses any possibility that Malky will be appointed as the new Scotland manager. So that is the end of that 'rumour'! However, a 'reasonably reliable footie contact' in Embro tells me that Michael O'Neil could well be the next SFA appointment - watch this space!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »