Thread Rating:
Champions league Group B
Maybe he's scared he breaks the financial fair play rules hahaha
edgie likes this post
Next stop for Celtic is Brussels and I think Anderlecht will be no 'pushovers' in both home and away CL group ties. They have good previous experience v the likes of Man Utd and other top CL teams but played reasonably well.
Think celtic will have to get at least a point from this one,no mean feat with their away record.
excited about this

also feart
come on the hoops
a dodgy 1-2 win for the good guys
FT 0-3 and no dodgy win - an emphatic one and well on the way to playing Euro footie past Xmas. I must say Anderlecht looked like a team/club with probs and it was a good time for the Hoops to take them on.
Great result!

Thought it was quite closely matched until celtic scored,then they went on to be by far the better side and probably should have scored more goals. Over 60% possession away from home isnae bad going at all,and their centre backs and broony had fine games.
Bayern Munchen v the Hoops and I'd normally say Celtic have a chance v a Bayern side that has had better starts to their season but I must temper that view by realising the historical away form of Celtic is awful and this German side is far from poor in terms of general Euro footie standards - still lotsa very good international players in their line up! Also Broony and Armstrong missing due to injury. It will be a 'long, testy night' for Celtic. However, a night for the Hoops' players to savour the atmosphere and experience in one of the great Euro footie 'arenas.
If Celtic can find the form they have shown in Scotland there is no reason why they can`t get at least a draw against a Bayern side who have lost some of their sparkle.
Brown being out might be a good thing because he tends to rush into the tackle and could end up being sent off (we know how some of the continental players fall about in mortal agony) and that would be costly.
On a good night Celtic 1-0. On an average night 1-1. On a poor night Bayern 2-0.
All the best though.
Think Bayern will put 4 or 5 past them,the way Celtic are set up the better sides will punish them. If they nick a point off them at parkhead it would be a bonus. The game that really matters is Anderlecht at home where a europa league spot will likely be on the line.

The other games as 0762 says will likely be put down to experience. And to be fair any player would want these kind of games.
Already 2-0 with wave after wave of Bayern attacks and Gamboa exposed to Koman on Celtic's right flank - a total mismatch and this is all very straightforward for Jupp Heynckes and his Bayern team.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »