Thread Rating:
World Cup group tie: Scotland v Slovenia, Sun 26 March
Chris Martin!!!!! Get in there! Yep, a deserved win and thank god we got that victory for a change! Thumb up The boys 'stuck at it' and kept calm! 1-0 and well done!
Finally got a wee bit of luck,but we deserved it. Team lost its way a bit when sparky came off I thought,but that gives us hope of a playoff spot.

Armstrong had a great debut,Tierney and Robertson did well.
Aye! Armstrong absolutely sublime and in his debut match too! At long last some positivity to relate to a decent Scotland performance.
A decent win that and one that keeps your qualification hopes alive. Next up Scotland v England in June, and another must win game for your boys...looking forward to this one.
Anybody going?
I'm on the Scotland database but interest will be massive for this post season World Cup tie. I'm hoping a June fixture might suit Scotland more than Engerland (summer hols and relaxing prob uppermost in most players' minds) but it's hard to say!
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/footb...n-10474479

Wee Gordon finally announces his Scotland squad v Engerland. Nowt too surprising apart from possibly Shinnie and Magregor missing from his choice but, as wee Gordon has intimated, Scotland fairly strong in the midfield dept and his two FBs will be Robertson and Tierney if fit. I'm still uncomfortable re our CBs but just gotta get on with it on 10 June. Never beaten England at Hampden since 1985 but never played them too often since then all the same and we certainly have something to play for now!
I'm up for the game and a long weekend from Friday afternoon onwards so....

What's worth seeing in Glasgow?
Where's best for a bite to eat and a gallon to drink?
Anything else to recommend, need a bit of culture for the Mrs to appreciate.
Depends on what you like. The Glasgow School of Art is a 'must visit', if you like this kinda culture, with a Hard Rock Cafe located nearby for refreshments. On the footie front, there's the Hampden Experience with a tour and visit to the footie museum. Shops and bars? Take your pick in W Nile Street, Buchanan St or lotsa options in Sauchiehall St. Also a wide choice of eateries in Sauchiehall St, some within the shopping complexes - Indian, Chinese - take your pick
WakeyTerrier likes this post
(06-06-2017, 10:38)WakeyTerrier Wrote: I'm up for the game and a long weekend from Friday afternoon onwards so....

What's worth seeing in Glasgow?
Where's best for a bite to eat and a gallon to drink?
Anything else to recommend, need a bit of culture for the Mrs to appreciate.

Kelvingrove park and museum are excellent and a must visit. Then cross over to byres road for a few pints in the west end pubs.

The merchant city is also worth a visit and is 5 mins walk from queen street. Great pubs and eateries in there. My favourite being Blackfriars - a cracking real ale pub that has a comedy club downstairs.

Use the "clockwork orange" subway to get around.
Back to the footie and, with under 24 hours to go, the big match is almost upon us. It's a home match and here's hoping Scotland produce a big performance v a reasonable England side that no longer has Rooney in it and Harry Kane is instilled as the new England captain. I hope Scotland start as well as they did at Wemberley but this time score an early goal to spark the Hampden stands 'bouncing' in delight! It looks like six Celtic players will be in the Scotland starting line up and I hope Broony has saved up a great mid performance esp after Scholsey's recent criticism of him from a Premiership perspective. Also good to see Tierney's resolve in ensuring that he will play in this crucial world cup tie in spite of that nasty mouth injury. Please somehow 'shut the back door' Scotland and focus on registering a rare win v the 'auld enemy' - we need it because we are suddenly back in contention after all the disappointments at the start of the campaign!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »