Thread Rating:
European Union Referendum - In or Out??
The pound plummets,and as a result European based companies are struggling to absorb the hit in their margins...hence unilevers dispute with Tesco resulting in certain household goods being withdrawn.

Next year I expect prices to go up in the shops.
(13-10-2016, 08:30)hibeejim21 Wrote: The pound plummets,and as a result European based companies are struggling to absorb the hit in their margins...hence unilevers dispute with Tesco resulting in certain household goods being withdrawn.

Next year I expect prices to go up in the shops.

Yes , won't be long now until everything goes up in price. I sell doors to the building industry for a living and all but one of our suppliers have already put the prices up by 5 to 10% due to the weak pound against the dollar
0762 and hibeejim21 like this post
I work in electronics and most of our suppliers have produced new prices recently with most of them having been upped by between 5 and 15%. This absolutely is due to the fall in the pound as most of the production factories we use are in the EU.

It either gets passed on to the consumer or people start going out of business.
This is just the beginning of the shit that we are gonna experience in the name of 'gaining sovereignty' and 'taking control of our country' again - IMO absolute tosh by people who are not economic realists.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-sc...s-37634338
Additionally, I notice Nicola Sturgeon is already 'paving the way' for another consultation and eventual bill for a probable early referendum on Scottish indy. No f#####$ wonder when observing the Tory clowns who are now running ths country and the shameless crap that they utter re Brexit!!! Thumb down I hope today's legal challenge in the supreme court forces a parliamentary vote on brexit and that'll 'get it right up' these brexit tories and the people who stupidly voted for it and the idiot PM/daftie who brokered this destabilising referendum farce in the 1st place.
I don't think she has any intention of calling another referendum,but this is the "loaded gun" to be used to get Scotland certain rights in the brexit negotiations.
Not fecking happy re Brexit, just got euros for my holybags on sat...and only got 1.09 to the pound
Wee Nicola is merely shit-stirring for the benefit of the party conference and the people who "stupidly" voted for independence and she knows very well that the SNP will have no great influence in any Brexit negotiations. And if she really believed that she is acting "in the best interests of Scotland" she would get her finger out and deal with the problems in Scotland that need attention. She is no better nor worse than any other politician - full of self-importance and soundbites.

Also remember that whatever anyone might think about David Cameron, he promised that the voters would have referenda on Scottish Independence and the European Union and he delivered in both instances. Nobody would know years in advance what the results would be, so he can hardly be blamed for the results.
Cabbage is still good for you
There are some UK airports where you'll be lucky to exchange 1 UK pound for 1 Euro - a joke and a sign of this wonderful capitalist economic system that we operate where a lotta people are trying to 'make a killing' out of this situation. It looks like fuel prices will be rising by 4p per litre as a result of the destabilised status of our currency!

(13-10-2016, 17:46)ritchiebaby Wrote: Wee Nicola is merely shit-stirring for the benefit of the party conference and the people who "stupidly" voted for independence and she knows very well that the SNP will have no great influence in any Brexit negotiations. And if she really believed that she is acting "in the best interests of Scotland" she would get her finger out and deal with the problems in Scotland that need attention. She is no better nor worse than any other politician - full of self-importance and soundbites.

Also remember that whatever anyone might think about David Cameron, he promised that the voters would have referenda on Scottish Independence and the European Union and he delivered in both instances. Nobody would know years in advance what the results would be, so he can hardly be blamed for the results.

Voters who 'stupidly' voted for indy?? That's a matter of opinion and many indigenous Scots would take umbrage at that comment!! It wasn't just a few hundred Scots voters who voted that way either!! Can we run our small country and do it well?? Of course we can and don't even go near that old chestnut re the falling price of oil!!! Our oil revenue was always a bonus anyway even before the 2014 vote!!! Also certain 'probs' in Scotland are linked to the austerity prog of this Tory govt and the reduction in capital/revenue budgets and other constraints that many critical folk wanna conveniently ignore. We are being governed under very difficult economic circumstances and I wish a lotta critics of the Scottish gov started to acknowledge that fact!! OK there are other intractable issues but that is akin to running any country!! I agree that Nicola is posturing for position in the formal Brexit debate but I think she's still wise to 'keep the door open' for Scot indy once we discover how much of a f### up these lightweight Tory brexiters are gonna eventually enter into and broker!! Thumb down
Cameron will go down as one of the worst uk pms ever.

An overpriveleged,tax dodging,pork bothering pr scumbag in a nice suit. I xxxx hate that xxxx.He has brought division,inequality and poverty to the UK in record levels.

Id take independence in a shot now. This quite clearly is not the same uk we voted to remain with. Decades of tory rule or going it alone? No brainer.
0762 likes this post
Well said Jim! My thoughts re Cameron are unprintable TBF but I will say he was in it for himself, the most selfish b###### of a UK PM and a lightweight one at that compared with many political heavyweights of past decades - a Tory SPAD who 'made it' through the back door! He never even faced the Scottish public during any of his visits of 2014 - a shameless Tory scumbag who had no great association with Scotland or the Scottish general public other than the select people who made up the majority of his chosen audiences in Edinburgh. His admiration of Thatcher epitomised what of an Old Etonian pleb he really was and his nickname, Flashman', was appropriate.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »