Thread Rating:
European Union Referendum - In or Out??
https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/01/20/op...loney.html

Here's a recent NYT report that absolutely mocks Theresa May and her recent speech re 'future global trade'!!Convenient timing when she's just in the process of 'crossing the pond' to hurriedly meet Trump - why in such a rush Theresa??? Cool Trying to establish that unlikely 'special relationship'? Rolleyes
(26-01-2017, 00:44)ritchiebaby Wrote: Firstly the UK is a union of four nations, not two. When the UK Government has an overall majority, the rest of the parties don't have much of a say in things.

Secondly we have a Scottish Parliament so that we can take decisions on matters which have been devolved to us, but not on matters relating to the whole UK.

Just for the record, I think that Scotland is quite capable of running all it's own affairs with independence and I would be generally in favour. I just don't want Nicola Sturgeon to have anything to do with it.

As far as Brexit is concerned, there's a lot that could happen yet, so I'll wait for a while and see how it progresses.

Forget about sturgeon and salmond,i'm not particularly fans of them either. Its not about personality its about principle. If the tories win the next election.... and they will..... they will have ruled Scotland against the democratic will of its people for over 33 years of the last 46. Not once have we voted for them.

I really, really can't fathom how folk still think the Union helps anyone now. It doesn't work for most of the English people either. Hard brexit is happening,dont think otherwise because the same kind of people who got trump into power are behind brexit.

Look at all the dinosaurs that were wheeled out for the indyref to scare the Scottish people ..... Darling, Brown, Alexander and the other protagonists like Cameron, Blair et al. Look where they are now, earning millions from the financial sector (after tanking the economy) and knighthoods,honours etc. Why should we listen to them?

When you find out that anything you do within the political system can't make a jot of difference to your life because it can all be vetoed by the larger population, what is the point? Really ?
0762 likes this post
I applaud your comments Jim!  :up:  These critical views are shared by a lotta Scottish voters who are just as observant and not so fickle as others who choose to ignore a lotta these criticisms/facts re the shameless behaviour of many of the pro Union allied shit heids who crossed the border to spout some of the most shameless claptrap to avert a Scot referendum Yes vote! The mere mention of that clown and quisling, Gordon Brown, absolutely 'makes my blood boil' in anger and irritation re his contrived interference in such an important episode in Scottish political history! Couple him up with other NLP  cretons like Murphy and Dugdale and you have a 'busted flush' - a trio of numpties to join the other numpties from the mainstream political parties. I don't think any Commonwealth country, that finally gained independence from GB, ever experienced such an extensive political and media anti indy campaign to stop the quest for indy at all costs!!!! Never forgotten and that shameless episode should be highlighted and taught in Scottish schools, together with the evolved history of Scottish devolution! I personally regard it as 'unfinished business', the same as many other similarly minded Scots. It saddens me to see certain Scottish people putting down our country when it comes to stuff like this but that's life these days!
hibeejim21 likes this post
(26-01-2017, 00:56)0762 Wrote: https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/01/20/op...loney.html

Here's a recent NYT report that absolutely mocks Theresa May and her recent speech re 'future global trade'!!Convenient timing when she's just in the process of 'crossing the pond' to hurriedly meet Trump - why in such a rush Theresa???  Cool  Trying to establish that unlikely 'special relationship'? Rolleyes

I don't see what amazing deal she can strike. The US is heading into full on protectionism mode now,and most of our trade and banking is with the EU.

Said it before - she is over there punting our health service to big American business aligned with trump. Its about all that's left to sell. For the UK to be the kind of economy Hammond was hinting at should the EU not give us good terms (and they are not likely to) we will not be needing the NHS and social services going forward.
Did you watch Cruella's speech to the Republican audience last night? How sycophantic and desperate was that??? Not even her usual unimpressive form as the Home Secretary - it was worse!!! We may well need some form of trade instead of rightly sticking with the EU but do it diplomatically with firm principles and values v an abnormal US president! Rolleyes
(27-01-2017, 12:48)0762 Wrote: Did you watch Cruella's speech to the Republican audience last night? How sycophantic and desperate was that??? Not even her usual unimpressive form as the Home Secretary - it was worse!!! We may well need some form of trade instead of rightly sticking with the EU but do it diplomatically with firm principles and values v an abnormal US president! Rolleyes

Some sick came into my mouth when he held her hand. I thought may made a huge error announcing trump was 100% behind nato when its clear the russian sponsored arsehole was nothing of the sort.

May has hoored herself and the UK to this maniac in a more than embarrassing style. Even blair and bush wasn't this bad. Watching the BBC wank itself into a frenzy over their first date was truly pitiful. I despair,i really do.
(28-01-2017, 09:57)hibeejim21 Wrote:
(27-01-2017, 12:48)0762 Wrote: Did you watch Cruella's speech to the Republican audience last night? How sycophantic and desperate was that??? Not even her usual unimpressive form as the Home Secretary - it was worse!!! We may well need some form of trade instead of rightly sticking with the EU but do it diplomatically with firm principles and values v an abnormal US president! Rolleyes

Some sick came into my mouth when he held her hand. I thought may made a huge error announcing trump was 100% behind nato when its clear the russian sponsored arsehole was nothing of the sort.

May has hoored herself and the UK to this maniac in a more than embarrassing style. Even blair and bush wasn't this bad. Watching the BBC wank itself into a frenzy over their first date was truly pitiful. I despair,i really do.

She did the sensible thing there. At least she knew where his hand was!  Whistle
Cabbage is still good for you
Ha ha ha!! She was probably pre-warned by her hubby lol!
Her latest non-committed approach re Trump's anti refugee 'executive decision/policy' ties in nicely with her sycophantic behaviour: what an embarrassment, no values, principles - lets 'turn a blind eye' and maybe it will all go away eh! Rolleyes She has been rightly condemned and I never rated her from the very start of her 'back door' entry to the PM's position!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38784199
Good point ritchie !
'nuff said
A guide to cask ale.

[Image: aO7W3pZ.png]

Multi-tasking. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »