Thread Rating:
Johnson watch activated - the nightmare begins for the UK!!
Boris wanted it that way...... He cant feed into years of anti EU and anti european expression and expect these people to welcome him like a hero. The Biden administration think he's an arsehole, always have, and have treated him accordingly... ie a dishevelled, bloated wanker.

The EU have got a deal ready to go to replace Russian gas, particularly from US imports. Until we resolve the NI issue satisfactorily i doubt very much that we will be getting that "world class" US trade deal either.

Then you have P and Os chief exec openly admitting he broke the law but when he sees members of the UK government acting like criminals and getting away with it time and again its a bit rich to expect him to fall on his sword. Labours Andy McDonald tried his best in the committee meeting but it was clear they did not give a toss about breaking law.

Chillingly that arsehole Sunak basically washing his hands of swathes of the UK population who are going to suffer gravely from his policies on a R4 interview whilst showing he is a man of the people by failing to understand how contactless payments work in some photoshoot at a garage. He is an absolute snake of a man.

The only light relief was watching Dovers tory MP Natalie Elphick joining a RMT demo (i mean the nerve that takes from a tory has to be applauded) only to suddenly realise she was the one being heckled and storming off in a huff.

Its been quite a week....Even by Tory standards.
theo_luddite, ritchiebaby, 0762 like this post
Elphick was prob heckled because of her abstention in the vote on the P&O issue in the HoC. Grant Shapps similarly abstained after all his outrage re this scandal!!!??? I'm assuming they were "got at" by their own political party.
So the Metropolitan Police announce that 20 govt individuals will be fined for offences related to the "partygate" scandal at 10 Downing Street. I'm just watching and waiting for the "cover-up" in not charging Johnson for his role in the whole affair!!! Thumb down You just know that these corrupt bastards are gonna initiate this kinda "cover-up" to save Johnson's already damaged reputation as a failed and useless Brit PM.
Every time I see Boris on TV, I can only think of Worzel Gummidge (I wonder who Aunt Sally could be?). Worzel G was also a fantasist who made a complete balls-up of everything he touched.
Cabbage is still good for you
Has someone biffed Bodgit on the end of his beak?

Take a look at the video of him wriggling on the end of the hook, full screen in all it's HD glory if you can.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/liv...st-updates

Oh and it's purely accidental that The Conservatives forgot to mention kids in poverty in the Levelling up White Paper. Er, so that's alt right then?
A guide to cask ale.

[Image: aO7W3pZ.png]

Multi-tasking. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.
Boris Johnson has thrown his weight behind offshore wind

Given how much he passes onshore - should we be surprised?
A guide to cask ale.

He's just "full of wind" if you ask me! Rolleyes
And the "non-domicile status" debate arises re the position of Sunak's wealthy wife! What a "can of worms" and it appears that there are lotsa them, very rich elites, living in London and taking full advantage of this tax loophole for huge amounts of money gained abroad. The Chancellor professing that he is being smeared through moves against his wife who is not a politician. However, this is surely a clash of interest where he, a CoE, can set tax rules/amend tax loopholes while his wife is effectively avoiding tax dues albeit without breaking the law. There is something seriously wrong with that kinda state of affairs as plebs (in his privileged view) like us meekly pay our tax dues.
When I was living abroad, to be classed as Non-Dom for tax the maximum days you could spend here was 180 days. I've no idea whether she meets that criteria or not but as their kids are presumably educated here, is she likely to spend 6 months away, with or without them?
A guide to cask ale.

(08-04-2022, 08:40)theo_luddite Wrote: When I was living abroad, to be classed as Non-Dom for tax the maximum days you could spend here was 180 days. I've no idea whether she meets that criteria or not but as their kids are presumably educated here, is she likely to spend 6 months away, with or without them?

Sunak and his wife held US green cards up til his first year as chancellor, which requires you pay US tax on overseas income. I wonder if he did ?

This guy sets tax policy in the UK ffs Laugh

Tax is only for mugs like us.
0762 and ritchiebaby like this post
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »