Thread Rating:
Johnson watch activated - the nightmare begins for the UK!!
Nah - just a psycho of a woman.
A guide to cask ale.

[Image: aO7W3pZ.png]

Multi-tasking. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.
Gov have increased the drivers hours rules to try and get round the shortage of HGV drivers.

Longer hours = people driving while absolutely shattered. What could go wrong ??
Tired drivers, 4 lane motorways with no hard shoulders, nothing could possibly go wrong hibeejim.
They have years of out-of-date-statistics that prove they are right.
A guide to cask ale.

(07-07-2021, 11:38)hibeejim21 Wrote: Patels new immigration bill is just unbelievable cruelty. The product of a sick system.

Reading some of the details in this horrific Nationality and Borders Bill - it is clearly anti-refugee legislation and presents the biggest threat to refugees' rights in the UK for a long, long time. Quote from the Scottish Refugee Council: "In criminalising those who have every right to seek our protection, this bill shamefully breaches the 1951 UN Refugee Convention and continues Johnson's govt's flagrant disregard for international law". The asylum system, a broken one for a long time, actually requires proper reform and not cruelty and costly, reprehensible proposals like these ones! Turning refugees away while they are still at sea???? Disgraceful and I agree with Theo that Patel is just a female psycho - must be be ranked as one of the most hated women in the UK by now.
Brexit: UK gives EU two weeks to change Northern Ireland deal or new ‘approach’ will follow.

We are going to invade Europe aren't we ?
Where are they gonna shift the border to this time then?

That's Bodgit and his merry men, not the EU.
A guide to cask ale.

2024 : Boris Johnson wins the election under the slogan "Get Brexit Undone".
Remember that we've had 4 x consecutive Tory governments up to now and it's more than likely another one will follow in the next couple of years no matter what negative RW stuff they dream up (the list of indiscretions continues to grow unchecked!) - absolutely depressing from a Scottish voter's perspective esp when we've never voted for them since 1955 and that was an electoral fluke at that time!! I remember the last time this happened, from 1979 to the early 1990s, what followed in 1992 (the John Major govt) was a year by year protest vigil in Edinburgh (Regent Rd?) that finally ended when Scottish Devolution was voted in by the Scottish electorate in Sept 1997. If the Blair govt hadn't been voted in in 1997, I reckon we'd still be languishing in political limbo dictated to by the same dismissive Tory ideologists who opposed any kinda devolved governance, never mind the idea of self-determination. The Scotland Act (1998) was followed by the establishment of a Scot govt a year later - thank god, but not enough! The next step has to be a final push for Scotindy. Then we can reset, post-pandemic, and truly move on to a better and fairer society aligned to an agreed written constitution that favours and respects all our citizens.
There is always the hope that the wheels might come off completely with the Tories and Murdoch and co give their OK to a Labour government with Starmer or some other bland to take over. Even the softest labour government would be better for the country as a whole.

I'd be surprised though, the tories have this ability to change the narrative and reset on the spin of a coin.
Sidelined by Southgate before a ball was kicked, https://www.theplayerstribune.com/posts/...ros-soccer, the useless oaf is still trying to get in on the act despite the fact he showed the team no repsect before a ball was kicked either.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/202...-euro-2020

Let's play "spot the leader" shall we?
A guide to cask ale.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »