Thread Rating:
Johnson watch activated - the nightmare begins for the UK!!
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-53749788

So we have confirmation that a UK recession is here (no surprise eh!) and the UK failure is damning in the fact that it is the worst in Europe and the G7. And the CoE, Sunak, confirming that unemployment figures will inevitably rise significantly but all you can do is "suck it up", that's the way it is but don't worry - Brexit and the "cliff edge" will be forced through anyway to really "rub salt into the wounds" and create a national crisis, a gargantuan one! You couldn't make up this worst case scenario of economic suicide!!
There was absolutely no excuse for the Government refusing the EU’s offer to extend the transition period. Callous and ideological; it knows full and well the harm that's going to result.
The U.K. is now officially in recession as you point out. In four and a half months, we become the first country in history to impose economic sanctions on itself. Happy days!!
ritchiebaby likes this post
Food shortages coming soon with Brexit just around the corner, time to get the pasta in....

I see Johnson and his cronies are now undermining devolution in Scotland with the new internal market and the setting up of goverment offices in Edinburgu with many in the party now toeing the line of 'shut down Holyrood', I hope us Scots are ready to take to the streets with this clear attack on Scottish democracy with this power grab.
0762 likes this post
Yep! I've been monitoring what these anti-Scotland/anti devolution/anti Scot govt Tory bastards have been conniving since last year and I'm sure there are 100s of thousands of Scots observing what these unscrupulous shits are up to and coincidentally as a latest poll shows another rise in support for the SNP. May I also add that some senior shit heid Tory up here is gonna get hurt if they continue "in this vein". The SNP/Scot govt won't want this to happen mainly because I think these populist c#### want it to happen in order to initialise a RW shit heid reaction to being attacked after them actually being the aggressors!! Give me a "velvet revolution" any day of the week but I must agree the Scottish population and vast grassroots Scot indy movement must be ready take them on at a moment's notice.
BouncingHibees likes this post
The whole fiasco with exam results just underlines how the tories just don't pay any attention to what's been happening in Scotland.
The Tories just act true to form. They make a complete balls-up of something and are either stuck in a hole or spend vast amounts of time and money to try to sort things out.

At a slight tangent, the current "moderation" and "standardisation" fiasco is the same one that is used every year. I always thought that statistics came about to reflect the actual results, but it seems that the actual results are "moderated" to reflect what the statistics seem to predict.
Cabbage is still good for you
They've got 3 options. Appeal the predicted results they've been given, use your mock exam result or sit the exams in the october which means they won't get there results till December. If one of the students appeals and is successful with their appeal then it will push the rest of the students at the sixth form their results down yet again.

The predicted results have come about using an algorithm. What they should do is use the mock exam result as the actual result.
CHESTERFIELD PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2015/2016

More to Football than the Premier League and SKY
Photo 
Changing the subject back to the cock-up of dealing with covid-19 and the latest extension of lockdown in the north. I am guardian for my cousin who has learning difficulties and we are unable to visit him again. Despite easing of restrictions, we have continued to practice social distancing, sitting either side of the courtyard gate at his residential home. However, now that the lockdown has been reinstated, the carers have quite rightly asked families to stay away from the premises (on the basis that two households cannot mix). So do you want to know the punchline? ... one of the carer's could take him to the pub for tea the other day!

[Image: 117171822_10223542526295159_802460539252...e=5F5B9A7D]

By the way, trying to explain how this is possible to my cousin is impossible.
Lord Snooty likes this post
The clown in Downing Street and his er Cabinet????? couldn't run a piss-up in a brewery. What on earth makes him think they can run a country between them beggars belief.
Lord Snooty and Amelia Chaffinch like this post
A guide to cask ale.

[Image: aO7W3pZ.png]

Multi-tasking. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.
I bet they couldn't run a bath without making mistakes.
Amelia Chaffinch and Lord Snooty like this post
CHESTERFIELD PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2015/2016

More to Football than the Premier League and SKY
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »