Thread Rating:
Johnson watch activated - the nightmare begins for the UK!!
Its much better for labour if the tories do the damage to themselves Ritchie. If Starmer gets tore in then it makes it more likely they will just all rally round the flag, and the media might turn on them. There might come a time for them to go for it, but not yet.

The polling figures show Starmer is playing it right so far I think.
Ben Bradshaw
@BenPBradshaw
Dido Harding just told me on an MPs’ conference call that Test, Trace & Isolate won’t be fully operational at local level till the end of June. Not sure where that leaves Johnson’s promise of a fully operational “world beating” system by Monday.

Mans a lying bastard.

Google Harding and talk talk data breach. Not sure I would be wanting let her have access to my private information.
0762 likes this post
(28-05-2020, 01:39)hibeejim21 Wrote: Its much better for labour if the tories do the damage to themselves Ritchie. If Starmer gets tore in then it makes it more likely they will just all rally round the flag, and the media might turn on them. There might come a time for them to go for it, but not yet.

I take your point, jim, but you run the risk of allowing the Tories to set the agenda. I see the Durham Police are doing their best to keep the pressure on.

(28-05-2020, 13:27)hibeejim21 Wrote: Ben Bradshaw
@BenPBradshaw
Dido Harding just told me on an MPs’ conference call that Test, Trace & Isolate won’t be fully operational at local level till the end of June. Not sure where that leaves Johnson’s promise of a fully operational “world beating” system by Monday.

Mans a lying bastard.

Google Harding and talk talk data breach. Not sure I would be wanting let her have access to my private information.

Re Harding, her "utter ignorance" does make her a suitable candidate for a top Government job. Added to that, she seems to be a board member of the Jockey Club, which runs the Cheltenham Festival, generally considered to have been a prime breeding ground for Covid-19. That surely guaranteed her the new job.
Cabbage is still good for you
(28-05-2020, 01:39)hibeejim21 Wrote: Its much better for labour if the tories do the damage to themselves Ritchie. If Starmer gets tore in then it makes it more likely they will just all rally round the flag, and the media might turn on them. There might come a time for them to go for it, but not yet.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/coronavir...spartandhp

This article summarises Johnson "in a nutshell". The consistency of misdemeanours and unanswered questions is actually breathtaking and the current situation re Cummings is so full of arrogance and contempt for public opinion and there is a general outcry for Cummings removal even from the Tory heartlands. Aye, let them damage themselves! However, I still think the Cummings story diverted attention from a bigger story that is the massive loss of life due to coronavirus and the utter incompetence of this Brit govt. Btw I listened to the most unbelievable comments from two particular Tory ministers Gove and Hancock, two shameless liars with previous history during the Brexit debacle - in Hancock's case, his unimpressive defensive comments re Cummings' non-violation of any rules looked like it was taken straight out of the political manual of the Kremlin - a shocker. As for Gove's embarrassing comments on LBC - utter gibberish in defence of Cummings, a car crash interview with LBC's Ferrari. It was a no 1 top trending topic on Twitter and Piers Morgan even entered the fray commenting, "Michael Gove is trending No1 in the UK. It's because nobody believes a word he's saying. So many Cabinet ministers are destroying their own reputations at the altar of a lying hypocrite adviser. Quite extraordinary"! Remember we haven't entered the next phase of real confrontation when they engineer a no deal Brexit and they try to profess no blame, NOT OUR FAULT. This was their cynical plan all along. Note on the same weekend of Cummings' lockdown transgressions actually "surfacing", The Sunday Times produced detailed charts showing how the UK govt's complacency and incompetence had resulted in the needless deaths of thousands of its citizens. IMO Cummings' story was not the bigger one, not even the story of the year so far. Our gaze has been averted from what else has been going on.
When the tide of this pandemic recedes, it will be interesting to examine what other political shit it has left behind. What other seedy little transactions were being conducted "under the radar". Thus far, we know that the Brexit govt is hurriedly drawing up plans to cut tariffs on US agricultural imports to hasten a trade deal with the Americans. The plan to ease tariffs will lead to cheaper US goods and undercut British farmers, while stricter UK hygiene regs will also be bypassed - that's a laugh when one considers the current climate of hi hygiene to tackle the threat of a virus!!!! Rolleyes Elsewhere, The Guardian has reported that £1B worth of public sector contracts have already been awarded to private companies WITHOUT ANY TENDER PROCESS THAT IS REQUIRED UNDER SET UK LEGAL REQUIREMENTS TO ENSURE A FAIR COMPETITION FOR CONTRACTS. These contracts have been awarded on an emergency basis and amount to a Klondyke for some of the govt's "pet firms" such as Deloitte, PWC and Ernst & Young. There has been no scrutiny of pricing or conditions. These firms will make many millions out of the coronavirus pandemic and are just among the few we know about. IMO long after emergency funding has ceased for small businesses and individuals, large firms will continue to use the "coronavirus effect" as an excuse for sacking staff and shutting down operations they don't consider sufficiently profitable. Lets not kid ourselves, the UK economy will suffer from the effects of this pandemic. IMO many sectors and individuals, already rich, are "feeding" on it!!
Rosie Duffield the Labour MP for Canterbury broke the lockdown rules so she could shag her married lover. She's resigned from the shadow front bench. There hypocrites and why do MPs and people who work for the Government think they are better than or above us? We the people elect them to do a job and instead they hold us with contempt and think we are morons.
ritchiebaby likes this post
CHESTERFIELD PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2015/2016

More to Football than the Premier League and SKY
I notice that Johnson's approval ratings crashed by 20 pts after deciding to go against the opinion of the majority in the country re his buddy Dom - down to minus 1. And no empathy evident either from Johnson in the wake of a massive record number of deaths to coronavirus. Look across the "pond" and another narcissist, Trump, in a similar stance with no empathy whatsoever after the midweek announcement that the USA had passed 100k deaths. So how did Trump respond? He didn't until 15 hours later when HE RESPONDED WITH A TWEET(???????????) - UNBELIEVABLE!! In comparison, his Dem rival for the next presidency, Joe Biden, responded a few hours later and spoke directly to the families of the 100k dead with a humble message of condolence and no dramatization whatsoever. What a stark contrast of such different behaviours and attitudes.
Apparently the govt will whip its MPs tomorrow to vote for its motion abolishing remote voting on the basis that it is essential for govt business to restore in person sittings, & that a vote for the procedure committee amendments is a vote against getting Brexit done... Seriously.

They have a perfectly good digital voting system in place but they would rather disenfranchise millions of people with Rees moggs scheme to force through their Brexit bills (which only 2/3s of MPs can actually vote on) . You actually have the bizarre sight today of MPs queuing up at a distance outside Westminster to vote against voting IN Westminster.

All that matters to these bastards is getting there 'no deal' brexit done so they can fill their pockets and they and their mates can avoid millions of pounds of tax. The rest of us can literally just xxxx off and die.

(31-05-2020, 00:24)spireitematt Wrote: Rosie Duffield the Labour MP for Canterbury broke the lockdown rules so she could shag her married lover. She's resigned from the shadow front bench. There hypocrites and why do MPs and people who work for the Government think they are better than or above us? We the people elect them to do a job and instead they hold us with contempt and think we are morons.

At least she paid the price for it. Unlike 'Classic Dom'.
Boris - "I'm very proud of our response to the pandemic'

Un-xxxx-believable......
Remove the devolved nations and we discover England holds the highest death rate to coronavirus in the world. That Boris comment is just another soundbite that this buffoon irritatingly utters!!!! He has been doing it for years and continues to do it shamelessly. In this case he should be "hunted down" with real conviction by proper scrutineers . Sir Patrick Vallance's (Chief Scientific Adviser) cautionary comments today re future infections are worth being heeded by people up n down England - more negativity to come and the story is nowhere near over! Also the lies and deception from Johnson and his lying cohorts are beyond belief!!! Thumb down Totally "out of their depth" and the record death toll should be the "chain wrapped around their necks" with a reckoning to follow!! And they wanna push on with a no deal Brexit????? This really is the height of fiscal irresponsibility that is full of deceit and self-interest! An outrageous lack of real leadership and proper decision-making with a proper regard for the well-being of the country.
Also remember the current figures are vastly under-reported.
Cabbage is still good for you
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »