Thread Rating:
Hibs v Saint Mirren, Wed 23 December, KO 6.00pm
Now this is a tricky match v a Buddies side that has been unbeaten in their last 7 fixtures and is playing some good football under Jim Goodwin's stewardship plus they took Rangers "scalp" in their Betfred Cup quarter-final. I think Jack Ross should rest Gogic again, cast caution to the wind and "go for it". We really need to win this game; Hibs are creating lotsa scoring opps in past matches and the manager must encourage the guys to do more of the same and demand that our strikers, particularly Nisbet, Doidgy and Boyly, start scoring more rather than scorning the goal opps and losing valuable pts in the process. Perhaps he'll field all the ex Buddies, Stephen McGinn and his brother plus Magennis, in this fixture - all them possibly motivated and with a point to prove. C'mon Hibs! We need to keep going and play positively. No slacking please!!

GGTTH
ritchiebaby likes this post
Think the kick off is 6pm 0762?

Another tough game and will be a lit bit like the Dundee United game. Lets hope we have our shooting boots on this time and if we do get a lead we have better game management against a flying St Mirren side.

GGTTH
"FOREVER UNITED"
Think all the games are 6pm kick offs on Wednesday ?
The games at Motherwell and Dundee United are slightly later by 15m at 'well and 30m at Dundee.
hibeejim21 likes this post
"FOREVER UNITED"
Aye! The KO is indeed 6.00pm - duly changed in the OP. I cannae keep up with all these time variations any more lol!
HerefordBull likes this post
FT and a good 1-0 win for Hibs! Thumb up At last, somebody has decided to score a goal and a vg "strike" at that!! Well done Kevin Nisbet! No more goals other than that one in a fairly tight match in which Hibs were never seriously threatened. Perhaps a few tough matches had finally caught up with the Buddies? Anyway, it suited Hibs to finally pick up the three points and reclaim the third place in the Scot Prem as the Dons could only draw with Motherwell tonight. It has been a productive night!
ritchiebaby and hibeejim21 like this post
Great goal tonight, thought we played better v Utd though but defended very well against a decent St Mirren side who recently ended sevco's hopes of a first proper trophy to sit alongside the petrofac training cup.

Disappointing to lose rocky and Doidge before we go to the bigotdome, But its another good 3 points.
Aye! A good point Jim. A negative consequence of this match is indeed the loss of Rocky and Doidgy. However, I suspect JR will play "one up top" v Rangers and Nisbet looks like he'll be our lone striker. Re the goalie position, I just hope Barnes is "up for it" and holds his nerve OK. He'll be playing in an empty stadium which definitely helps but note they have an impressive unbeaten record at Ibronx. This time I hope Hibs "show up" and play them, take them on, focus on Tavernier's and Barisic's FB positions and add a bit of physicality to the game - didn't you notice how almost their whole team and coaches don't like that form of "in your face" game plan to the point where they were literally whining like wee spoilt kids who had their toys nicked.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »