Thread Rating:
QOS v Hibernian - 20/09/14
Another week, another win? It would be very nice indeed, if a little unexpected, given Hibs recent form. Queens are currently managerless, after Jim McIntyre left to take over at Ross County earlier this month. Gavin Reilly is their leading scorer and the nippy wee striker will be a thorn in the flesh of the Hibs defence.

Allan Stubbs thinks that Dylan McGeouch, on loan from Celtic, will be the player to kick-start Hibs fortunes, so let's give him the chance to shine.

My team would be -
Oxley
Gray, Fontaine, Forster, Stevenson
Kennedy, Sinclair, McGeouch, Allan
Cummings, Malonga

With Hibs attacking capabilities and shaky defence, there's goals in this game and I'll plump for a 2-2 draw.

GGTTH
Lord Snooty likes this post
Cabbage is still good for you
Are Matt Dawson and Phil Tufnell playing for QOS? And Sue Barker? Big Grin
ritchiebaby likes this post
The Paignton Peach, Snooty? As far as I know, paigntonhibby is still on the other board, but he might be across for a wee look.
Lovejoy (remember him?) puts QOS ahead after 29 minutes with a simple tap-in from an Iain Russell pass.
Well, once again we huffed and puffed to no avail. Final score is QOS 1 Hibs 0.

My final thought (and opening line of private rant) - Hibs 3rd substitution was made with less than 5 minutes to go. WHY??? What's wrong with being positive and give the guy a chance to influence the game?
Not a great start to the season for you guys, and especially worrying given the start the other two big sides have had!!

Ritchie, what is the problem at the moment? Is it still a hangover from the last minute relegation last season? Hope it starts to come right for you soon, or else the others will get too far ahead for you to catch up!!
Correction - the QOS goal, a simple tap-in by Ian McShane, was set up by Gavin Reilly who I had down as a danger man in the original post. I made the mistake of using the BBC as my point of reference.  Doh

SCO - without going into a long recent history of the club, the start of our troubles came in 2007 after we won the League Cup. Since then, our best players have been sold off without being replaced by anyone close to the same standard. OK, we're a selling club, as are most clubs outwith the EPL, but we rely on free transfers, out-of-contract players, loanees and the occasional youth player coming through. It's like having a new team every season - there's no continuity. 10th, 11th, 7th and 11th in the last 4 seasons in the top league tells it's own story.

If we hadn't had Leigh Griffiths for a couple of seasons we would have been relegated much earlier. To cap it all, we're now in the Championship at the same time as Hearts and Rangers, not to mention the rest of the scalphunters.

We've been on the slippery slope for a long time now, and it's difficult to get a grip of the situation. The main problem is that every team we play against knows they have a good chance of beating us. And so do we. Sad
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »