Sports Babble - sports forum
The pandemic strikes Scot footie - economic carnage to follow? - Printable Version

+- Sports Babble - sports forum (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Football (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Scottish Football League (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+---- Forum: Scottish Premiership (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+----- Forum: Scottish Premiership Discussion (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=184)
+----- Thread: The pandemic strikes Scot footie - economic carnage to follow? (/showthread.php?tid=9348)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: The pandemic strikes Scot footie - economic carnage to follow? - hibeejim21 - 14-04-2020

They don't - the SPFL board is just a conduit for sponsorship and prize money to be distributed via a pre-agreed policy. Stewart Robertson knows how it all works, he is on the SPFL board. They don't have massive reserves of cash, the interest free loan idea is totally unworkable.

Record now saying Dundee are going to vote yes. The only downside is that it will likely save sevco's bacon.

RE: The pandemic strikes Scot footie - economic carnage to follow? - BouncingHibees - 14-04-2020

(14-04-2020, 01:05)hibeejim21 Wrote: They don't - the SPFL board is just a conduit for sponsorship and prize money to be distributed via a pre-agreed policy. Stewart Robertson knows how it all works, he is on the SPFL board. They don't have massive reserves of cash, the interest free loan idea is totally unworkable.

Record now saying Dundee are going to vote yes. The only downside is that it will likely save sevco's bacon.

Yes pretty much what I thought, I hear the threats against Dundee from the Rangers fans is well under way after the record broke the story last night, being the animals we all know they are.

RE: The pandemic strikes Scot footie - economic carnage to follow? - hibeejim21 - 14-04-2020

The hertz fans are losing their shit about this, its all liewells fault apparently. He's forcing this through before Uefa null and void the leagues....even though they don't have the authority to do that.

The sevco fans are losing their shit about this, its a papal conspiracy and they want the club to move to the lower leagues in England.

xxxx nutjobs the pair of them.

RE: The pandemic strikes Scot footie - economic carnage to follow? - BouncingHibees - 14-04-2020

(14-04-2020, 15:32)hibeejim21 Wrote: The hertz fans are losing their shit about this, its all liewells fault apparently. He's forcing this through before Uefa null and void the leagues....even though they don't have the authority to do that.

The sevco fans are losing their shit about this, its a papal conspiracy and they want the club to move to the lower leagues in England.

xxxx nutjobs the pair of them.

Yeah it's a rumour started off a Rangers page where they claim behind the scenes UEFA will advise to null and void without thinking that if that was to happen they would go bust without European money next season, from what I hear is they may well ask league organisers to call the leagues as they are in all countries as it is impossible to know when any football will be played.

RE: The pandemic strikes Scot footie - economic carnage to follow? - 0762 - 14-04-2020

Rangers and Hertz to announce their own breakaway footie league - to be called the Hundesligue lol Laugh

Dundee release a statement basically holding clubs to ransom with talks for reconstruction which I hope doesnt go through, cant see teams like Ross County and Hamilton agreeing to extra relegation places. I think the SPFL and Rod and the SFA who have been very quiet will be waiting for UEFAs announcement next week on what to do where I suspect they will call an end to all leagues as the nearest time the Scottish leagues can start is mid July currently and even then there are no guarantees.

RE: The pandemic strikes Scot footie - economic carnage to follow? - hibeejim21 - 15-04-2020

I get why some of the supporters don't understand company law - 'THEY CANT CHANGE THEIR VOTE....WHY ??? ....AAAARGH'

But it looks like some of the clubs are struggling with that too.

Are the other premiership clubs going to vote for reconstruction? I can't see Hamilton and ross county wanting to go down that route.

RE: The pandemic strikes Scot footie - economic carnage to follow? - BouncingHibees - 15-04-2020

SPFL releases statement saying no football until around September...

Dundee say they cant vote until they get reconstruction confirmed basically.

Utter shambles.

Someone within Scottish football needs to grow some balls and tell that shit wee club Dundee that this vote is know the proposal in front of them and not 'reconstruction'.

Yes voting clubs need to come out and start telling us fans what the xxxx is going on, frankly embarrassing.

RE: The pandemic strikes Scot footie - economic carnage to follow? - hibeejim21 - 15-04-2020

That xxxx Gardiner is behind all this, he has links to the huns,dundee,hertz and of course ICT. A total doughnut, one of the many failures that have clogged up the game here.

Going by Dundees statement there I reckon a new resolution will be put together for ballot soon. Oh and THEY need more time.....meanwhile other clubs are staring down administration. Eejits.

RE: The pandemic strikes Scot footie - economic carnage to follow? - 0762 - 15-04-2020

And it finally comes to pass that DFC have voted yes! However, the SPFL statement suddenly says that reconstruction can possibly be considered and who is there to chair an investigative committee? Hertz Budge and Accies Les Gray!!! Dodgy HOW CONVENIENT!!! I must say that this fiasco is not over by any manner or means!! Far from it. I think there will be quite a few SPL clubs that don't wanna see a third relegation spot being created. Also what will be the "hit" on the current tv contract that covers the SPL set up as it is??