Sports Babble - sports forum
The pandemic strikes Scot footie - economic carnage to follow? - Printable Version

+- Sports Babble - sports forum (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Football (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Scottish Football League (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+---- Forum: Scottish Premiership (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+----- Forum: Scottish Premiership Discussion (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=184)
+----- Thread: The pandemic strikes Scot footie - economic carnage to follow? (/showthread.php?tid=9348)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: The pandemic strikes Scot footie - economic carnage to follow? - 0762 - 31-03-2020

Keeping herself and her business interests "sweet"?

RE: The pandemic strikes Scot footie - economic carnage to follow? - hibeejim21 - 08-04-2020

SPFL meeting outcome :

All Clubs to vote on championship, league 1 and 2 being declared now with all positions standing as they are. No play offs....

Premiership will continue to be postponed until a predetermined date, then positions will also be declared as is.

If the SPFL Board determines that the remaining Premiership matches cannot be played, the Ladbrokes Premiership would also be terminated, with final season placings determined on the same basis.

The Cabinet Secretary for Health announced on 17 March that NHS Scotland had been put on an emergency footing for at least 12 weeks until 10 June. In addition, the Scottish Government also publicly advised that expectations are that restrictions could remain in place for at least 13 weeks.

That means the remaining fixtures in Ladbrokes League Season 2019/20 and the related play-off competitions cannot be scheduled without significantly damaging the SPFL’s ability to start and complete, on time, League Season 2020/21 and next Season’s Betfred Cup.

https://twitter.com/BBCchrismclaug/status/1247860872246149120

RE: The pandemic strikes Scot footie - economic carnage to follow? - hibeejim21 - 08-04-2020

The huns have released a statement pleading for prize money to be distributed to the clubs urgently but not to award the actual prizes themselves. They want the season to be voided but also want all the games to be played.....despite ripping up their pitch.

Oh and how could their players be "ensuring job security" by deferring wages? The government is doing that. The only way that could be true is if they would otherwise be going under. Which brings us back to the prize money.

Absolute chancing bastards.

RE: The pandemic strikes Scot footie - economic carnage to follow? - hibeejim21 - 09-04-2020

Chris McLaughlin

@BBCChrisMclaughlin

SFA confirm all football in Scotland now suspended until at least June 10th. Also confirmation that  6 weeks of group training needed before competitive matches can be played. #COVIDー19

So "queen" Anne and Sevco......How long do we wait to play the games ? August ? Well thats the new season and a big money SKY TV deal to kick off.

Or just hold the money until the 38 games are played and you both go bust.

Seasons over - time for certain people to accept it and grow up.....talking of grownups, have a look at livi's statement. They believe a points average should settle final league outcomes..

RE: The pandemic strikes Scot footie - economic carnage to follow? - hibeejim21 - 10-04-2020

Rangers are to "immediately resubmit" their members resolution after it was deemed "not competent" by the SPFL's legal adviser.

In essence:

We fucked up....We know we fucked up.... Please help us not to xxxx it up......Give us the money .....WATP.

A beezer of a statement from their new DUP?Orange Order/Hun Bigot of a PR man. Cringe.

RE: The pandemic strikes Scot footie - economic carnage to follow? - 0762 - 11-04-2020

My first question re Rangers is, "Why do they have a 'spin doctor' anyway"???????? And the guy is indeed another hun/bigot from NI - no impartiality there I presume. Now I'll lead to their latest damning statement that they have a "whistleblower" (an orange lodge member no doubt!) in the SPFL who has provided them with evidence that the process of voting is in disrepute and they want certain SPFL officials suspended. So Dundee FC was apparently "got at"!! Maybe that was the case after their officials' totally illogical and apparent biased statement in saying no to the SFA/SPFL proposal??? Why is Rangers FC doing the "dirty work" again and full of angst as usual - they are certainly consistent on that "score"!! The SPFL now asking this "toxic" group of people and Chairman to provide evidence that they can consider and act upon or withdraw it. Why am I so cynical as you can gather??? It is because I can't take Rangers FC officials seriously because of their previous history of bullshit and "siege" mentality - a footie club that has a bigger "agenda" than any other footie club in the "Scottish game", still seems to have a deluded higher regard for themselves AND THEY NEVER CHANGE AND HAVE NEVER DONE A GREAT DEAL FOR THE GOOD IMAGE OF SCOTTISH FOOTIE SINCE THEY RETURNED FROM THEIR IGNOMINY IN THE LOWER LEAGUES - FACT!!!!!

RE: The pandemic strikes Scot footie - economic carnage to follow? - BouncingHibees - 11-04-2020

To me Rangers have been colluding with other clubs and have been found out during the process and have started issuing threats and should be heavily sanctioned, Hearts also dont come out of this smelling of roses and ICTs Scott Gardiner (a former Rangers man and Hearts man) sounds like hes been at it with his vote against the SPFL motion, the whole thing has become a shambles and Rangers are doing the old smoke and mirrors technique. It also sounds like Dundees vote wasnt valid because a 'director' signed it and not the chairman so they withdrew it, some rumours suggest Hearts swayed ICT to vote no and Rangers had influence within the Dundee boardroom. Only in Scotland.

RE: The pandemic strikes Scot footie - economic carnage to follow? - 0762 - 11-04-2020

Instead of trying to embrace the common good" of Scottish footie" eh! If I had my way about 5 years ago I'dve banned Rangers from the Scottish game for the very reasons that I said at that time - because they were toxic and their non-presence in the top league proved how different and decent the footie had become without their "shit" that many older fans like myself have observed for "donkey's years!" - IT WOULD'VE BEEN THE BIGGEST FAVOUR I COULD'VE DONE FOR SCOTTISH FOOTIE SERIOUSLY AND THEIR RETURN SINCE THEN HAS PROVED MY POINT TENFOLD!! But could you imagine the number of death threats and level of intimidation I would've received!!?? And ultimately all over a sport called footie, which, in their case, has been abused to such an extraordinary level that I'd ban them!! That abusive response and consistent anti-footie behaviour (most Scot footie fans have observed and listened to this shit for years ad nauseum) is one of the main reasons why they have not been tackled "head on" by any proper authoritative figure(s)!!

RE: The pandemic strikes Scot footie - economic carnage to follow? - hibeejim21 - 12-04-2020

(11-04-2020, 20:13)BouncingHibees Wrote: To me Rangers have been colluding with other clubs and have been found out during the process and have started issuing threats and should be heavily sanctioned, Hearts also dont come out of this smelling of roses and ICTs Scott Gardiner (a former Rangers man and Hearts man) sounds like hes been at it with his vote against the SPFL motion, the whole thing has become a shambles and Rangers are doing the old smoke and mirrors technique. It also sounds like Dundees vote wasnt valid because a 'director' signed it and not the chairman so they withdrew it,  some rumours suggest Hearts swayed ICT to vote no and Rangers had influence within the Dundee boardroom. Only in Scotland.

Almost certainly sevco and hertz have been conniving with their mates at Inverness and Dundee over this. I suspect now that Dundee are regretting getting involved as they now are maintaining radio silence (laughable). They have muddied the waters enough so their fan bases will blame the authorities and other clubs and not them for their shambolic financial dealings.

Also Gardiner said all the championship clubs were in a WhatsApp group but that's clearly untrue going from other chairmans comments today, several have made it clear there was no coercion going on.

Remember those bastions of integrity sevco refused to consider playing the games behind closed doors, they have no interest in playing the season out and they know the league can't be voided. It's just about deflecting things away from them when the inevitable happens.

RE: The pandemic strikes Scot footie - economic carnage to follow? - BouncingHibees - 12-04-2020

So in latest news Rangers are refusing to hand over information on supposed corruption, SPFL called there bluff and exposed it now appears.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/18375164.rangers-refusing-hand-evidence-spfl-europa-league-champions-league-to-completed-3-week-block/

I'd suspend the fuckers until they start cooperating for bringing the game into disrepute.

Appears Dundee have the world at there feet right now and from what i hear they are going to use it to push league reconstruction....what a waste of time, teams would be knackered by Christmas.