Sports Babble - sports forum
Gonners v Gooners 9/Feb/2019 - Printable Version

+- Sports Babble - sports forum (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Football (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: English Football Leagues (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: Sky Bet Championship (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+----- Forum: Huddersfield Town (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=70)
+----- Thread: Gonners v Gooners 9/Feb/2019 (/showthread.php?tid=8124)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Gonners v Gooners 9/Feb/2019 - theo_luddite - 07-02-2019

Take 2.
Take 1 was 1/2 hour of work and my life that I won't get back again.  Doh  Angry

[Image: NRn4qJCg6OMgOZpH9q6Ou2Hmo2Y80yakhcYiW9J-...33-h162-no]

McGalphSmiths Stadium
My ol' man said foller the band
An' don't dilly dally on Stadium Way
By the big gas thingy
Just off Leeds Road
Under the Prima Donna League Floodlights
If you can't find yourway home
HD1 - bottom of the hill

Saturday 15:00 Kick-Off, pre-Brexit Time
9th Feb 2019

On the tellybox
Nowhere near us but if you live in them there foreign parts, or you are lucky enough to get them there foreign parts tellybox channels or t'interweb feeds, you might find it here.

http://www.livesoccertv.com/teams/england/huddersfield-town/

The Skinny

Well the trip last weekend darn the smoke had Town looking like they were in a right 2 & 8, or was that just given a right tatering me ol china? Best part of the day was the over priced steak and wine on the way back to Euston, dining Al-Fresco in Leicester Square.

Do we care? No. 3000 of me best mates have already signed up to keep their piles warm on the wonderful plastic seats at the McGalphsmiths for another season, whichever division we are in.

He's only the messenger so less of the abuse on Twitter you nerds (you know who you are)

This weekend, The Big Smoke comes to Town. Thumb up

Striker Watch

Well I said I'd keep an eye on the new lad. Unfortunately I was a bit distracted by the long prong getting himself thrown out (see the Chelski thread) so didn't see him miss the 10 chances we created for him in the 10 minutes he was in their half. That or I was turning my bike round in the Shed End bike sheds. Otherwise we created as many chances for him as we've done for LoLo and Misskick since the end of November. He seems to fit in well so far.

Where are we and where are we going?

To the Champions League Ship, we're on our way.  Whistle

Whilst trawling the pages of Transfermarkt for the stats I stumbled, nay deliberately looked for this stuff.

The good news is Arsenil's staff are only half the side the Blue Mancs are (worth)
[Image: yq6SY1z8fVxmpwKT2z8rL3gyqwu7Co00Y7y39vjj...12-h589-no]

Meanwhile down in the Chumpionship

[Image: GXXZt0ylpzTD_r3DozFOjVt8jhFWPfuGqcOvHYPe...44-h608-no]

while when were last there .....

[Image: x4wUiFUEMP--3rTJ6soI7tbgwjoMtD2DzlHvXpFZ...46-h613-no]

Some interesting numbers there for you stats geeks to digest. Any guesses on what our lot will be worth this time next season?

We've lost to them before

[Image: HMkZZvVlo9wdDASVXfwkXfhHN8x71Uj3lLuLRR4b...80-h652-no]

So we're long overdue to put one over this lot as  .....

[Image: CJl8faDwCZPtuJMHE6E7DDxLx1qaK9nZ4V0POGj1...40-h163-no]

They're nothing special, we lose every week.

More or less

The Table

OK so we don't need reminding of this, but it's tradition.

[Image: 3gW2U4SSHfj-IglZJE9SfJuNCteIat5xBT8Ouwkf...71-h590-no]

The Form

OK so we don't need reminding of this either, but it's tradition.

[Image: AaUzj3eLKY1H2W7PD1h8Nvcrflt3PHsAQByU85s9...73-h527-no]

Their away form is nowt to crow about though.

[Image: 9cvnIXTP-fO_4WqLrXK9pgtFdJhAlkMyBeeaProL...81-h154-no]

Thirteen points from safety and likely needing at least 26 to stay up (that's 37 all together you maths genii), how likely is it?

Pick 26 points from this lot (2 points a game on average - Champions League Form).

[Image: LQW8Nl3hcxvC3HX6WUa8zjshd7k4Qmewdj69Kl_t...58-h363-no]

Some of you won't be able to see 2 points from all the games, let alone 2 per game.

Who else will go home pointless then?

Some of these, but not as many as we'd like. Liverpool (and the rest of the top 6) no doubt will benefit from some more blind mice officiating as they did at West Ham. It only got them a draw is time though. We'll no doubt suffer from more of the same.

[Image: jyo-e_BToUhzXQY9GDUcBpRwxL9a7uJ6be7pr86n...38-h356-no]

Last Time Out

Our tatering

[Image: 5d5F3lK7VL2MfxG8knMIWUK8Ktrp3yR7i6sAjQ8R...77-h400-no]

Their defense was in a right 2 & 8 too, just over t'ill.

[Image: 4qDXmSZNPW6DrG0vAlE-RGgBZWypvdyl2mM65RRJ...83-h405-no]

Where did they spend their brass?

Innies and Outies were busy going through the rotating doors in the Summer, not a lot happened in January though.

[Image: aPdvwjGFD8MkEj-QRdML1y6aVPDIkmItWYLB3UvU...79-h305-no]

[Image: To8i5dMacPLATBQ_pedHjUp-36K5BH3DYN0BQYSq...78-h574-no]

Who's banging 'em in

Everyone's had a go at some point, couple of 'em need keeping an eye on mind. Keep them quiet and owt could happen.

[Image: X8sZsnBkfl16_43h-oAsyEFeZs78eJc8kSbF-o0E...14-h635-no]

Wot about us?

Think these might be our pre-season stats, surely we've scored more than this?
[Image: woKDTvBYMlG8lEc3PlBBv03_NCUU0LlCTuTpuh40...84-h400-no]

Siewerts Sage Slaver

He thinks everything is possible in football - what, including Town scoring a goal?

Meanwhile on Radio Local he said this

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0707rzv

While Lossl put in his two penn'orth

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0707rz7

So that's it then, come on Town.

All we are saying ...... is give us a goal

and then we'll be

[Image: -qdy7CmMUTIx-iVFXPocFqUMBcIsPoQP4-U4VBAU...46-h307-no]

again.  Tongue

RE: Gonners v Gooners 9/Feb/2019 - Lord Snooty - 08-02-2019

Nice one theo. Thumb up

This is the one. The season starts now. Enter, stage left, the real Huddersfield Town.

RE: Gonners v Gooners 9/Feb/2019 - SHEP_HTAFC - 08-02-2019

Excellent thread theo Thumb up
I'm not normally the optimistic fan when it comes our lot.....but I do have a sneaky suspicion about this one.
We could....repeat could get a draw from this one.

RE: Gonners v Gooners 9/Feb/2019 - WakeyTerrier - 08-02-2019

If Jan the Man keeps us up he'll go down as the greatest manager ever, unfortunately his name is Jan and not Jesus and so no miracles will be performed this season down at HD1.

However, now is the time to add a few more memories to the list that Wagner started in the Premier League. We beat Man Utd and we held both Man City and Chelsea away last season so lets add to that list and inflict some pain on Arsenal and in particular AFTV..what a melt down that would be.

Don't be afraid to have a go because we have nothing more to lose. If we see them trying something positive and it doesn't come off then it doesn't matter, I will applaud the fact that we are trying to create something. Have a go and the crowd will back you!

RE: Gonners v Gooners 9/Feb/2019 - Whitapers - 08-02-2019

Nice.

RE: Gonners v Gooners 9/Feb/2019 - Lord Snooty - 08-02-2019

You're dead right there, Wakey. It does my nut in when somebody tries something that doesn't come off and all you hear is "bloody rubbish, get him off". So you never try it again, lack of confidence, ball goes back to Jonas.
Does my nut in. Confused

RE: Gonners v Gooners 9/Feb/2019 - SHEP_HTAFC - 08-02-2019

love the new title of the thread.....very funny Thumb up

RE: Gonners v Gooners 9/Feb/2019 - theo_luddite - 08-02-2019

(08-02-2019, 13:08)Whitapers Wrote: Nice.

Is this per chance a young (or maybe not so young, but new) Gooner that has ventured onto our board, never mind board, site? If so, don't shy away in the corners, feel free join in the bantz, we don't bite too hard, unlike them on the Wendies board. Dodgy lot them, ask the sage old Owl that is St. Charles, he'll confirm it and he's always hovering around our board somewhere looking for a tasty young field mouse to pounce on.

After all, you've nicked a decent manager or so off us before and no doubt you'll do it again when you tire of this latest one.

Are you travelling north for the match or exiled up north and it's no'but a tu'penny bus ride for you to Leeds Road? Welcome Whitapers, we've needed some new blood on this site for a while. Thumb up

I'll have to Google this one, not a Scooby Doo where that name has come from? Big Grin

RE: Gonners v Gooners 9/Feb/2019 - jjamez - 08-02-2019

So when will we win another game? I dont think it'll be tomorrow anyway. We might score though

RE: Gonners v Gooners 9/Feb/2019 - theo_luddite - 08-02-2019

At the moment Wakey, I've more confidence in Jan the Man than Van the Man, but that's only because he's got a free ride at the moment. Like you, I want to see a spark of something though before we join the lads from The Big Skip in the Land of Make Believe that is the Chumpionship to give us something to look forward to next season on a wet Wednesday night in Wigan.

(08-02-2019, 22:47)jjamez Wrote: So when will we win another game? I dont think it'll be tomorrow anyway. We might score though

Wolves Thumb up Laugh Tongue