Sports Babble - sports forum
Hibs v Rangers, Sun 13 May, KO 12.30pm - Printable Version

+- Sports Babble - sports forum (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Football (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Scottish Football League (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+---- Forum: Scottish Premiership (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+----- Forum: Hibernian (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=137)
+----- Thread: Hibs v Rangers, Sun 13 May, KO 12.30pm (/showthread.php?tid=6755)

Pages: 1 2

Hibs v Rangers, Sun 13 May, KO 12.30pm - 0762 - 10-05-2018

Another testy fixture in the space of a week and sadly it looks like we have nothing to gain in terms of league position unless we 'bang in' six goals without reply. Our strikers' form tells us that is not gonna happen! In Rangers case, they are playing for a realistic chance of undeservedly nicking 2nd place from the Dons who play at Celtic Park. Will Hibs 'lie down' and give it up? Not with Neil Lennon at the helm!! Rangers are missing Morelos, Mcrorey, Dorrans (injured) and Miller and Wallace 'oot the team'/suspended. IMO they are not in good shape for this game in a packed ER Stadium with Hibs fans filling it to capacity and the few hundred Gers' fans 'hemmed in' at one end of the South Stand. One of our main concerns is the loss of Boyly - what a blow that was on Wed night and definitely one of the factors why we didn't beat Hertz at the PBS! How does Lenny solve this prob while favouring a hi press game plan? I'm not a Barker fan (not as good as Boyly) but he has the pace to damage Rangers defence. I just wish he had a bit more guile and intelligence when it comes to passing the ball and taking a goal opp. I also hope Neil Lennon reverts back to his tried n tested back three defensive line. We need to pound Rangers with the appropriate attacking formation and the players 'up for it'!! 'Have a go' and lets see how many goals we can score against them - THEY ARE NOT THAT GOOD, NEVER WERE THAT GOOD!! C'mon Hibs - we demand a performance and no 'lying down'! There's a point to prove in this game and lets end the season 'on a high'!

GGTTH

RE: Hibs v Rangers, Sun 13 May, KO 12.30pm - hibeejim21 - 10-05-2018

Lets end the season on a high, and put these arseholes to the sword. Preferably by 6 goals.

I like barker btw,think he has bags of natural talent. Just his final product isnae there yet.

RE: Hibs v Rangers, Sun 13 May, KO 12.30pm - 0762 - 10-05-2018

Yep Jim! You described Barker 'as it is' in the eyes of most Hibs fans and it is frustrating. I don't dislike the lad as he is trying to do his best but I wish we had Boyly and indeed it is too bad we didn't have both wingers available for Sunday's game. The timing of such ill luck is so irritating but being a veteran Hibs fan, I know only too well footie has a habit of 'kicking us in the goolies' now n again and yet it has indeed been a very good season for us!

RE: Hibs v Rangers, Sun 13 May, KO 12.30pm - 1Wattie - 10-05-2018

If somebody had told us back in August 17 that we would finish 4th going on 2nd we would have grabbed it with both hands. We should be/are proud of the team and above all we should pat ourselves on the back ourselves because the support for the boys has been outstanding this season both home and away. I`m sure that level of support has been worth a lot of points to us. Bring on next season we have a lot to be optimistic about. GGTTH

RE: Hibs v Rangers, Sun 13 May, KO 12.30pm - 0762 - 10-05-2018

I think Lenny's 'issues' actually started in the game on Saturday v the Dons when Maclaren had a golden opp to score a pk to give Hibs a deserved 0-1 lead - I still can't figure why Kamberi didn't take that pen as he did last night v Hertz, the reason being my recollection of Maclaren's very lucky and poorly taken pk conversion v Rangers at Ibronx. That pen at Pittodrie was a 'big moment' in an ultimate week of serious footie and it was crap esp when the goalie moved early and McLaren had to be cute and hit a delayed kick to be certain!! Then in the dying mins of this match we've been denied a stonewall pk again! These incidents must have rankled Lenny quite a bit. Then the draw at Pittodrie on Tues night gave us a second bite at a prize of £1/2M - the failure to an average Hertz side too much for Lenny to bear and of course his immediate target was certain Hibs players who have let him/us down in those two matches!! He called it unprofessional! I call it a lack of big time temperament and coolness under pressure!

RE: Hibs v Rangers, Sun 13 May, KO 12.30pm - 1Wattie - 13-05-2018

After today's draw with Rangers we have a slight consolation in even if we had beaten them we would still be finishing 4th but only on goal difference.
Never made the game today but by all accounts it was a good advert for the Scottish game. Roll on season 18/19

RE: Hibs v Rangers, Sun 13 May, KO 12.30pm - Amelia Chaffinch - 13-05-2018

How the heck did we blow a 3-0 lead?!

RE: Hibs v Rangers, Sun 13 May, KO 12.30pm - hibeejim21 - 13-05-2018

Going to need a lie down after that amelia.  Will try and make some sense of it all later

Neils aeroplane celebration trolling the huns at the end was a fitting way to end the season. Laugh Laugh Laugh

There may be a STATEMENT from govan later Sad Sad

RE: Hibs v Rangers, Sun 13 May, KO 12.30pm - 0762 - 13-05-2018

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/8687
FT 5-5 and I must say 10 out of 10 for entertainment! However, what a strange match - Hibs 3-0 'to the good' and we were potentially gonna 'wipe the floor' with Rangers whose defence is absolutely 'mince' but Lenny fielded a 'mince' defence as well and that was conducive to having such an open, attack-minded game that Rangers played a big part in making it such an entertaining spectacle and no coincidence that ER Stadium is a place for thrilling footie - what a game with 10 goals to savour! I could criticise a few Hibs players re poor defending etc but on such a sunny day and in such a thrilling match, I'll refrain from that negativity. And good to see Lenny talking to the media and in the dugout directing ops and encouraging our players to 'keep going'! And what aboot that Aeroplane celebration for the benefit of all these pissed off Gers' fans - priceless lol Laugh And what aboot that Maclaren 'hat trick' eh - 1st one v Gers since that great Ivan Sproule 'hat trick' demolition at Ibronx all these years ago! Thumb up Could there be a poss World Cup call up for the Aussie striker?
The season is over, a very good season for Hibs, and it is time to 'take stock' and try to plan ahead and prepare for next season with the objective of improving this team even further - a big challenge not to regress but move to a higher level of consistency. Here's hoping we can 'bang heads together' and 'push on' with Neil 'at the helm'.

GGTTH

RE: Hibs v Rangers, Sun 13 May, KO 12.30pm - hibeejim21 - 14-05-2018

what an end to the season, one in which hibs have become a much more competitive side able to give anyone a game and on the verge of a europa league place.

At first yesterday i was really annoyed we didn't win the game,after shipping a 3 goal lead. But the game meant little unless we got 6 goals so lenny had to go for it and at 3-0 the impetus was with us so we had to push on. Unfortunately we were crazy open yesterday,full backs playing on the edge of the huns penalty area and we got caught on the break time and time again. But what determination to come back and get a draw.! Give me a game like that anyway over potters 0-0 record pish.

On to next season,and it looks like we lose dylan and mcginn. Lets use the cash for the latter to keep kamberi,mclaren and scott allan and build again. This has been one of the most enjoyable seasons following the club - a record points tally shows that,hopefully the board supports the manager. Going by his post match comments it looks like there is no problem between the 2 parties.