Sports Babble - sports forum
The ultimate WC Group F match - Slovenia v Scotland - Printable Version

+- Sports Babble - sports forum (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Football (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: International Matches (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=153)
+--- Thread: The ultimate WC Group F match - Slovenia v Scotland (/showthread.php?tid=5806)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

The ultimate WC Group F match - Slovenia v Scotland - 0762 - 08-10-2017

Well 'crunch time' has finally arrived for a rejuvenated Scotland team and now thousands of Scotland fans are descending on Slovenia in anticipation of Scotland earning a World Cup play-off place! Oh to be there and oh to be participating in this kinda match versus a reasonable Slovenia team that has just failed in their campaign to qualify. Hopefully that 'kick in the teeth' will suit the Scottish players in their quest to continue the campaign and possible qualification 'against all the odds'! C'mon Scotland and c'mon Lady Luck and favour us!

RE: The ultimate WC Group F match - Slovenia v Scotland - ritchiebaby - 08-10-2017

Well said, 0762. I couldn't care less if we win a borefest 1-0 with a fluke or 10-9 in a thriller as long as we win. No glorious failure please. We've done brilliantly in the last five games by playing well and persevering - remember that! Come on Scotland!!!

RE: The ultimate WC Group F match - Slovenia v Scotland - St Charles Owl - 08-10-2017

Well it all comes down to this game and the chance of making the playoffs is in your own hands - Strachan would have bitten your hand off for to be in this position before the qualifying started!!

You say Slovenia have failed in their attempt, but if they win and Slovakia do not win then they will take the runners-up spot, so they also have everything to play for as well.

RE: The ultimate WC Group F match - Slovenia v Scotland - hibeejim21 - 08-10-2017

Well here we go,to go into the last game with it in our own hands.....can't really complain after disappointing results v england and lithuania where we really should have picked up maximum points. However the other results have gone our way and finishing 2nd gets us a playoff spot.

Slovenia are a hard team to beat at home,i read somewhere that they haven't lost a goal at home this campaign. Im under no illusions its going to be tough. A win and nothing else keeps the dream alive.

Slovenia are out for sure,no way will slovakia not get 3 points v malta.

c'mon scotland!

RE: The ultimate WC Group F match - Slovenia v Scotland - hibeejim21 - 08-10-2017

Poor first half,but griffiths has scored a tremendous goal to put us in pole position.

I will say i think the balance isn't quite right in the middle for us,phillips has been rotten and i think mcginn or mcgregor should be in there instead of mcarthur.

fingers crossed.

RE: The ultimate WC Group F match - Slovenia v Scotland - Amelia Chaffinch - 08-10-2017

You're going to have to cross them a bit tighter. They have equalised. They are pressing hard, too.

fucks sake.

RE: The ultimate WC Group F match - Slovenia v Scotland - Amelia Chaffinch - 08-10-2017

That's perhaps the best way to sum it up. C'mon Scotland!

And we are out.

Both goals from set pieces. Dreadful performance the night,when so much was at stake.

Not over yet, jim.

Bad luck on Fletcher there.

Can't stand Snodgrass but if anyone can score a sneaky goal ....