Sports Babble - sports forum
Nicola Sturgeon finally begins the process of separation! - Printable Version

+- Sports Babble - sports forum (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Off Topic / General Discussions (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=40)
+--- Forum: Abstract Chat (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=152)
+--- Thread: Nicola Sturgeon finally begins the process of separation! (/showthread.php?tid=5134)

RE: Nicola Sturgeon finally begins the process of separation! - themaclad - 21-12-2021

500 only at Edinburgh Derby game

RE: Nicola Sturgeon finally begins the process of separation! - ritchiebaby - 21-12-2021

Totally agree with that outlook, BH. I've been living a fairly "normal" life over the past year.

Been on holiday to Nairn and Falkland during the summer. Been to Edinburgh several times for appointments, played bowls in the summer, played curling in the winter BUT I've been careful by getting jabbed, mask-wearing and social distancing when necessary, avoiding crowds and people I don't know. There will always be one or two variants around (Delta is not done yet), so we will all have to get used to living with Covid.

Re the football, the problem is not with the game itself, but getting to and from it. I would imagine my curling will be cancelled now. It's not an indoor contact sport, but you are close to other players during the game.

I'd also like to point out that Covid variants do not take Christmas holidays. If it's considered dangerous now and after, why is it not dangerous on Christmas Day?

RE: Nicola Sturgeon finally begins the process of separation! - themaclad - 21-12-2021

In Wales Drakeford complete ban on fans however in Wales you can watch the game you can’t go to in a pub. No idea on that one

RE: Nicola Sturgeon finally begins the process of separation! - hibeejim21 - 21-12-2021

Too many are only looking at hospital admissions and fatalities instead of the potential impact of the rapid transmission of this variant....Particularly with the 10 day policy currently.

It's no surprise. Hopefully it will burn out over January, but they really should be announcing plans to get the kids vaccinated.

Sod it all have a beer all the best to those North of the Borders Babblers

RE: Nicola Sturgeon finally begins the process of separation! - 0762 - 21-12-2021

(21-12-2021, 17:26)hibeejim21 Wrote: Too many are only looking at hospital admissions and fatalities instead of the potential impact of the rapid transmission of this variant....Particularly with the 10 day policy currently.

It's no surprise.  Hopefully it will burn out over January, but they really should be announcing plans to get the kids vaccinated.

Yep! My niece now very ill with fever and shivering etc. Her whole family infected apart from her 13 year old son (IMO just a matter of time!). The infection definitely transferred in from Wardie Primary School - it had already been ravaged by Covid about 10 days ago with classroom sizes dramatically dwindled.

RE: Nicola Sturgeon finally begins the process of separation! - hibeejim21 - 22-12-2021

Why they didn't shut the schools early i don't know.... It's no like the bairns were doing anything much in their last week.

Instead loads of them have caught covid and brought it home to their parents. I know several families that are locked down this xmas.

RE: Nicola Sturgeon finally begins the process of separation! - 0762 - 29-12-2021

https://www.thenational.scot/news/19811897.scotland-not-never-principality/

Scotland a principality insinuated by some Tory ersehole with a double-barreled name that nobody has ever heard of up here. And an ignorant one as well, another moron who has been quickly rebuked by a number of eminent Scottish historians and told to re-educate himself when it comes to the history of Scotland and calling it accurately rather than the usual political bullshit whereby clowns like this guy are "wheeled out" now n again to utter their nonsensical shit. I must say it is great to see these morons having nothing more to add to their failed unionist cause other than name-calling or uttering inciteful comments like this "work of fiction"!! They have nothing left to offer politically up here and no f###### wonder!! The future is bright, the future is Scottish independence as soon as practically possible! Thumb up

RE: Nicola Sturgeon finally begins the process of separation! - hibeejim21 - 30-12-2021

I just ignore these twonks, they know jackshit about anything. There seems to be that train of thought among some that Scotland ceased to be a nation after the act of union.....which is clearly untrue.

Scotland has never been a "principality" either.

RE: Nicola Sturgeon finally begins the process of separation! - BouncingHibees - 30-12-2021

(22-12-2021, 14:53)hibeejim21 Wrote: Why they didn't shut the schools early i don't know.... It's no like the bairns were doing anything much in their last week.

Instead loads of them have caught covid and brought it home to their parents. I know several families that are locked down this xmas.

Yup, now looking increasingly likely that schools may not go back on time and it will be back to online learning, by the sounds of the talk in the media we are getting 'babied' up for that announcement.