Sports Babble - sports forum
Nicola Sturgeon finally begins the process of separation! - Printable Version

+- Sports Babble - sports forum (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Off Topic / General Discussions (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=40)
+--- Forum: Abstract Chat (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=152)
+--- Thread: Nicola Sturgeon finally begins the process of separation! (/showthread.php?tid=5134)

RE: Nicola Sturgeon finally begins the process of separation! - 0762 - 16-09-2020

I was impressed by part of his resignation statement -"I have endeavoured to identify a respectable argument for the provisions at clauses 42 to 45 of the Bill but it is now clear that this will not meet your policy intentions". Which leads me to scrutinise and "slam into" all the other defending statements/support given to this action by many other Tories with a Brexit backing agenda?????? Absolutely shameless and sadly tonight it has been revealed that Johnson has brokered a deal with the Tory rebels even though breaking the law is still possible after some kinda agreed concessions that apparently officials in the EU and the USA dems (US Congress) dismiss "out of hand". I DESPAIR!! They are dealing with one of the most corrupt Brit govts in living memory FFS!!! Thumb down As my old default saying goes - NEVER TRUST A TORY and this latest episode epitomises why I adhere to this rigid rule!! They have haunted Brit politics for decades and decades and decades and decades.......and it is now continuing to a new level of division and polarisation that is unacceptable in any civilised society!!
Keen's end para of his resignation letter to Johnson says it all - "Your govt faces challenges on a number of fronts and I fear that the UKIM Bill in its present form will not make these any easier". I call it further "ammunition" for the EU who they keep blaming as the aggressor in this whole fiasco - populist claptrap a la Cummings as usual!!

RE: Nicola Sturgeon finally begins the process of separation! - hibeejim21 - 17-09-2020

What they are doing re: Ireland is truly truly shameful. A real low point in British politics.....And then to accuse the EU of negotiating in bad faith is just jaw dropping.

We clearly signed an agreement we had absolutely no intention of abiding by, and it makes sense when you think of some of the stuff Gove and Boris were coming out with...and the DUPs silence. I guess even I didnt credit the tories with sinking to that level.

RE: Nicola Sturgeon finally begins the process of separation! - ritchiebaby - 23-09-2020

(09-08-2020, 23:25)ritchiebaby Wrote: Getting back to Nicola, I'm glad to hear that she laid into the Aberdeen players who stupidly broke Covid guidelines, but why did she not get stuck into all youngsters who are irresponsible, careless morons when they get drink into them? My sincere answer would be that she knows full well that they are more likely to be future SNP voters and she's scared to "offend" them.
It seems obvious to me that the biggest danger to Scotland (and the UK) keeping on top of the situation is the behaviour of a substantial minority of youngsters.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-54268780

Well, well, Hundreds of students in Glasgow, Dundee and Aberdeen are having to self-isolate after 124 of them in Glasgow tested positive after Freshers Week, with more positive tests confirmed in Dundee and Aberdeen. Who would have thought??? Whistle Angry

The real worry is that they are supposed to be the most intelligent youngsters in the country. Gawd save us from the less educated ones!

RE: Nicola Sturgeon finally begins the process of separation! - hibeejim21 - 24-09-2020

Your probably right on why sturgeon is going so lightly on them Ritchie, but knowing the state of halls of residences at university in terms of space and ventilation they didn't really have much chance on freshers week.

The whole thing should have been bumped to remote learning.

RE: Nicola Sturgeon finally begins the process of separation! - ritchiebaby - 24-09-2020

What you say is true, jim, but following the basic guidelines set by the Scottish Government for all of us must surely have limited the damage now caused. I know of a student who came home after one day, because of the irresponsibility of certain students at Dundee, and is now doing remote learning.

RE: Nicola Sturgeon finally begins the process of separation! - BouncingHibees - 24-09-2020

Large events cant happen, so why should universities and schools be open, we are in a time where a virus will spread throughout these places because students aren't listening to what they are being told.

In other news Kent will now be the Brexit French border with massive queues and build up of lorries, even though a year ago the Tories said 'No red tape', that old phrase never trust a Tory again.

RE: Nicola Sturgeon finally begins the process of separation! - hibeejim21 - 24-09-2020

Too much drinking and shagging. Bloody students !!

RE: Nicola Sturgeon finally begins the process of separation! - ritchiebaby - 24-09-2020

That's why I don't like them!

RE: Nicola Sturgeon finally begins the process of separation! - hibeejim21 - 25-09-2020

Now they want to ban students going to pubs - how is that even legal never mind enforceable?

(24-09-2020, 12:32)ritchiebaby Wrote: What you say is true, jim, but following the basic guidelines set by the Scottish Government for all of us must surely have limited the damage now caused. I know of a student who came home after one day, because of the irresponsibility of certain students at Dundee, and is now doing remote learning.

To be fair to the SG, a certain pressure group led by a former 1st minister insisted that all pupils must return within the original time line and attend classes physically for the benefit of their mental health. The SG wanted to go for a blended learning route.

RE: Nicola Sturgeon finally begins the process of separation! - ritchiebaby - 25-09-2020

To be fair to the certain pressure group, students went to parties in defiance of the SG guidelines because they couldn't manage to do the sensible thing. It's nobody else's fault, it's the students' fault if they broke the rules, the same as it's any other persons' fault if they broke the rules.

I've even heard some crass comments about any ban infringing their human rights! What about the human rights of anyone they might infect? I've always thought that the human rights of the majority far outweigh the human rights of any individual.