Sports Babble - sports forum
Nicola Sturgeon finally begins the process of separation! - Printable Version

+- Sports Babble - sports forum (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Off Topic / General Discussions (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=40)
+--- Forum: Abstract Chat (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=152)
+--- Thread: Nicola Sturgeon finally begins the process of separation! (/showthread.php?tid=5134)

RE: Nicola Sturgeon finally begins the process of separation! - St Charles Owl - 27-04-2019

(27-04-2019, 21:51)0762 Wrote: Does it really??? And how democratic do you think that process and response is!!!???

According to Nicola herself it still requires Government approval to hold a referendum!! Unless you want to do it illegally like the Catalans did, that will keep them bogged down for years and would likely do the same for you as well. Do it the right way, cement the mandate at the next election, win back the seats lost at the last GE and then put the pressure on Westminster to allow a referendum.

I don't care how democratic the response is, the law of the Union should be adhered to, it has a mechanism to allow a referendum, use that law. Also lets not forget that democracy was applied in 2014 and the Scottish public voted to remain in the Union. I accept the potential exit from the EU changes things but as Nicola said we have to let that play out first an then see where we stand.

I have no problem with Scottish independence, I don't want it to happen because I think the union is stronger with you in it, but its up to you at the end of the day. But it needs to be done right, if it isn't how do you think the divorce negotiations will go for you, Westminster will hold all the cards and the grudge to go with it and that's something you should avoid to get the right deal.

RE: Nicola Sturgeon finally begins the process of separation! - 0762 - 27-04-2019

I DON'T CARE HOW DEMOCRATIC THE RESPONSE IS!!!??? WTF!!!!??? The democratic right and sovereignty of the Scottish people will force a referendum on any British govt that is trying to "play hardball" on this issue and many current govt officials and MPs have actually acknowledged that fact anyway! When it becomes clear that the majority of the Scot population is voting in a Scot govt that has a mandate for Scottish Independence, they will concede as it is a democratic necessity, constitutional obligation and they f###### well know it!! CHANGE IS COMING AND IT WILL BE LIKE A TIDAL WAVE!! Unstoppable!! Come to Scotland and observe it first hand on vacation! The next tranche of nationwide independence rallies have been organised and are becoming more difficult to police because of the massive attendances!! As Jim says - it is happening!!

RE: Nicola Sturgeon finally begins the process of separation! - St Charles Owl - 27-04-2019

(27-04-2019, 22:19)0762 Wrote: I DON'T CARE HOW DEMOCRATIC THE RESPONSE IS!!!??? WTF!!!!??? The democratic right and sovereignty of the Scottish people will force a referendum on any British govt that is trying to "play hardball" on this issue and many current govt officials and MPs have actually acknowledged that fact anyway! When it becomes clear that the majority of the Scot population is voting in a Scot govt that has a mandate for Scottish Independence, they will concede as it is a democratic necessity and they f###### well know it!! CHANGE IS COMING AND IT WILL BE LIKE A TIDAL WAVE!! Unstoppable!! Come to Scotland and observe it first hand on vacation! The next tranche of nationwide independence rallies have been organised and are becoming more difficult to police because of the massive attendances!! As Jim says - it is happening!!

You have just said exactly the same as me!! Create the mandate, win the election in a landslide preferably and force the sitting government to accept the referendum - democracy at its best.

Unfortunately if you get your wish I might need a visa to make that vacation trip up there!!!! Whistle

RE: Nicola Sturgeon finally begins the process of separation! - 0762 - 28-04-2019

I think you'll find that when we finally reach that point SCO, the process of entering an independent Scotland will be "streamlined" and far easier than many folk would imagine. Scotland has a progressive, pragmatic government that is "fine-tuning" itself for bigger challenges that lie ahead and need to be given greater powers as a "matter of course"!

RE: Nicola Sturgeon finally begins the process of separation! - 0762 - 21-06-2019

The recent revelations in a YouGov poll on attitudes to Brexit and the Union among Tory party members, is very instructive!! 63% would give up the Union in order to get Brexit, indicating that they harbour utter disdain for Scots (and NI people). I await with interest the reaction of the Unionist branch parties in Scotland, normally sycophants!! The demise of "colonel" Davidson coming soon eh?? About time!! And so much for the "precious Union" from the mouths of the C&U Party UK wide!! All I can say is "why are we waiting for another Scot referendum"???? Even Scotland's no voters must be asking themselves the same question!!

RE: Nicola Sturgeon finally begins the process of separation! - 0762 - 25-06-2019

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jun/25/jeremy-hunt-pulls-foreign-office-support-nicola-sturgeon
No surprise re the Hunt Tory moron finally admitting this latest crass move as it has been known for a while up here in Scotland!! So much for the "equal partnership" Jeremy eh! In reality, the c#### hate the independence movement and the SNP while ignoring that the Scot electorate back them as a devolved govt!! Hunt is another toerag who occasionally visits Scotland but deliberately "hides away" from the "public eye" in some stage managed exercise in some Tory business premise or office full of his own select Tory pricks!! Meanwhile the bbc have been reprimanded again (following complaints) and told to reveal political allegiances of contributors whose views are aired on bbc news etc following a "stitch up" in April on Merseyside re opinions on a Brexit extension! There was also an incident on bbc QT in Elgin when another active Tory member, an ex Scot MSP, was given "air time" from the audience as well as disproportionate political representation on this bbc prog!!! Questions raised re vetting of audience members and guests!! There has been a lotta shenanigans going on at the Biased Broadcasting Corporation for a long time and they've been practising underhand for ages and doing it with impunity - gradually infiltrated at a senior level by stealth!!

RE: Nicola Sturgeon finally begins the process of separation! - 0762 - 26-06-2019

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48756810
Gordon Broon, the Scottish "quisling", now "sticking his nose in it" again!!!?? Why??? Has he been given his royal "gong" yet, just like that other Labour/Unionist/public school c###, "Sir" Alistair Darling!!!?? No!! That explains it re this political "has been" who thinks he has some kinda status in Scotland!! Best remedy - ignore the bastard who speaks with "forked tongue""!!!

RE: Nicola Sturgeon finally begins the process of separation! - 0762 - 29-06-2019

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-48790983
So the "purring queen" is invited to address the Scottish Parliament on its 20th anniversary!! She'd better be careful what she says this time as most Scots have her anti indy views well sussed out!! No matter to her btw as long as she and her "hangers-on" can "dip" into the public purse willy nilly but I wonder how she'd feel if we took back Balmoral Castle and Holyrood Palace eh!!?

RE: Nicola Sturgeon finally begins the process of separation! - 0762 - 05-07-2019

Listening to parts of May's "waste of time" speech on her last visit to Scotland , hidden away in a Stirling backwater, and how cringeworthy and "out of touch" her comments were!!! Thumb down Here's a flavour of it - "At every level, there is an alchemy inherent in our Union, the achievement of something greater because our 4 nations worked together" Cringe!!!! Or "First, our Union rests on and is defined by the support of its people. It is not held together by a rigid constitution or by trying to stifle criticisms of it"!! Yes, these words really came out of the lips of a PM who refuses Scots a democratic say through Indyref2. The woman is a prat and total political failure. GOOD RIDDANCE and the only good thing re her pointless final speech in Scotland is that we'll never ever have to listen to another one!!!

RE: Nicola Sturgeon finally begins the process of separation! - spireitematt - 12-07-2019

Noel Gallagher has called Scotland a 3rd World Country after he's got in a spat with Lewis Capaldi.