Sports Babble - sports forum
Nicola Sturgeon finally begins the process of separation! - Printable Version

+- Sports Babble - sports forum (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Off Topic / General Discussions (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=40)
+--- Forum: Abstract Chat (https://www.sportsbabble.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=152)
+--- Thread: Nicola Sturgeon finally begins the process of separation! (/showthread.php?tid=5134)

RE: Nicola Sturgeon finally begins the process of separation! - 0762 - 13-06-2018

After watching the expected shameless Tory shenanigans at Westminster before the crucial brexit votes and witnessing the Scottish govt and devolution requirements being 'shafted', I think many Scots must take cognisance of the answers to these following questions and start 'joining the indy bandwagon' or at least seriously consider Scot indy as a viable option for us to pursue with a passion.

Want to get rid of the Tories forever? = Vote for independence.
Want to get rid of Trident from your back door? = Vote for independence.
Want to get Scotland back into the EU? = Vote for independence.
Want a better life? Vote for independence.

IT'S THAT SIMPLE!

IMO the people of Scotland are sovereign and it's time for the Scottish people to show that and take back control from the British Parliament - none of this 'now is the wrong time' nonsense and one could point out that the EU would never apply that kinda autocratic restriction! If the majority of Scot voters understood the simple principle of self-determination, Scotland would already be an independent country and better for it!!

RE: Nicola Sturgeon finally begins the process of separation! - 0762 - 13-06-2018

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-44467306
...and now, amid chaotic scenes in Parliament, Ian Blackford and his associated SNP MPs walkout of Parliament after another spat with the Speaker of the House re the disgraceful allocation of little time (15 mins) to discuss devolution relative to brexit. Am I surprised? No!!! The 'shit was gonna hit the fan' at some point and it has materialised. BRAVO!! Also Blackford's call for Mundell's resignation absolutely justified. This SOS for Scotland does nothing for the interests of Scotland, a f###### little weasel and a conniving one at that!

RE: Nicola Sturgeon finally begins the process of separation! - spireitematt - 13-06-2018

Don't like SNP or what they stand for but don't blame them for walking out. This is why Brexit should have been cross-party between all the parties instead of the Tories. When it all goes tits up the media will spin it and blame Labour and the SNP and not the Tories.

What needs to happen now is have another referendum and if its Leave we leave and if its Remain we remain, although Remaining mean we could end up with the Euro, Schengen etc because I very much doubt if we decide to remain we will go back to the original deal but I guess what will be will be.

Having the General Election last year wasted so much time and now everything is being rushed through quickly like someone who is meant to be sitting an exam but has done barely any revision and trying to cram everything in the night before.

There are 9 months left to sort everything out and at the moment it looks like its not going to happen. The Irish border has not been resolved, there currently is no trade deal and won't be till we leave, there is no policy about EU citizens living in Britain or British citizens living in the EU. The whole thing is a shit show.

Aye! A serious cross party process really should have been set up a long time ago but we're forgetting that this whole brexit fiasco has an origin at the centre of the Tory party and 'sparked' by Farage/UKIP who are now non-entities as well as political saboteurs. That is precisely why the Tories wanted to 'go it alone' but ended up 'on the back foot' when their planned massive general election victory was a #### up in June 2017!
PS: What does the SNP actually stand for? Certainly nothing sinister in my book! It's a straightforward quest for self-determination and full governance of my country as a sovereign nation and no more of being a northern colony of the British state and being treated like shit! Simple and it is part of the SNP mandate for self-determination.

RE: Nicola Sturgeon finally begins the process of separation! - hibeejim21 - 13-06-2018

We have been treated with total disrespect by westminster again, 15 mins to debate devolved powers from brexit (most of which are back with theresa may) i don't blame them walking.

The union is done for, the daily mail/express readerships lunatic mindset has taken over and brexit is all that matters.Equal partner my arse. The country is lost,totally lost..

The huge drop in foreign investment of late shows you just where we are heading.

RE: Nicola Sturgeon finally begins the process of separation! - 0762 - 14-06-2018

There are so many examples of big financial/commercial ops transferring their activities to Europe, the most recent one being Jaguar/Land Rover moving a big part of their Welsh production op to Slovenia. The eventual overall loss to the British economy will be massive as we all know now. Will we still 'sleepwalk' into an economic nightmare? Watch this space.
Lastly, it's worth mentioning yesterday's vote abstention by the Labour Party really is an absolute disaster for Corbyn and his supporters! The vote was important and this response was unacceptable.

RE: Nicola Sturgeon finally begins the process of separation! - hibeejim21 - 14-06-2018

Unfortunately for us all and for labour the party that looks most anti brexit at the moment won't have the support to win an election.... and its one which could be upon us very soon.

Labour are in a hopeless situation, EEA = freedom of movement and a hard border in ireland so labour cant support it, too many of their MPs would lose their seats.

I agree its not on but i also understand corbyn is just trying to guide the ship as best he can.

RE: Nicola Sturgeon finally begins the process of separation! - 0762 - 15-06-2018

Listening to Mundell's 'forced response' (couldnae ignore us any mair ya wee nyafff!!!) and how contemptible this little Tory b###### actually is with this veiled attack on devolution and the fact his govt can legislate against any disagreements!! Aye, so much for all that 'better together' shit in referendum year 2014! Pish!! Scotland has never been an equal partner and never will be! Subsequent protests already staged in Edinburgh - bring on independence asap!

RE: Nicola Sturgeon finally begins the process of separation! - 0762 - 16-06-2018

And now that quisling of an ex politician, Gordon Broon, 'crawls out of the woodwork' to suddenly put down any notion of Scottish independence with some of the usual audacious and unsubstantiated comments that he previously peddled with his doom ridden pro union shit. I'm sure lots n lots of Scots have wisened up to this #### and his unionist agenda - not this time Gordon, you con merchant!

RE: Nicola Sturgeon finally begins the process of separation! - St Charles Owl - 16-06-2018

0762, I know what you want to happen but what do you think will happen with regards to independence and over what period?